Friday, July 6, 2012

Getting the coach ready for the road.

The grandsons Matt and Luke came over to wash and  wax the coach, I hope it is fun as well.

They washed the Motor home while I washed the van. I also waxed the van.

001

 

Shery is around to read her Bible and supervise, she is able to multi-task. LOL

I was in a dilemma as which wax to use.  I tried the Turtle Wax Shirl recommended.  I think it will be good. Do you have a favorite that puts itself on and also wipes it clean?  LOL

002

It was a good day. Matt, on the ladder for the high stuff and Luke on the lower part.  They are able to get the job done in half the times.

To be honest, I asked them to come down just so I could be close to them for a few hours. Both these boys are good kids.  They have been in the middle of a nasty divorce, I would never have believed that of our family, but it is true.

Anyway they did a good job on the half in the shade, we fed them stew beef over rice. Sherry made a great gravy. This was her meal and she done GREAT.  That  arm is healing good.

We are so proud of both boys.

004

I believe MJ is Luke’s dog really.

005

After supper they helped their dad give MJ a bath, getting rid of fleas.  I think she liked the cool water on such a hot day.

007

Matt taking her back into the A/C,

008

They came back this morning and finished the job.  We will leave Monday morning with a shiny motorhome and van.

Thanks for coming this way.

Nite Shipslog,

PS:

Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

**************************************************

1960 Hillman

1960 Hillman (sticking with some UK pics from Rose)

8 comments:

betty said...

That is a hard job to wash and wax that motor home of yours, Jack and Sherry! Glad you had the help of two mighty fine men to do so!! I'm sure you are both "itching" to be on the road again for a bit :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

What nice young men. You can be proud of them for sure helping out like that. Sherry looks happy sitting in that swing reading. Glad the arm has healed. GODSPEED on your journey. We had to cut our daytrips short. The 102 degree temps were playing havoc with my hubby's COPD and the meds I take. We'll head to lake on Sat, instead. Take care. PS) LOVE the dog too.

Ken Riches said...

Glad you were able to give the boys some good down home loving.

Paula said...

It is all looking pretty. I know about those nasty divorces. Never thought it would happen to us either.

Chatty Crone said...

How did you say that you got them to wash your big RV? Great kids. sandie

shirl72 said...

Look like that Matt and Luke was
doing a good job. Good to see MJ
a sweet dog.

Well glad you got it clean for
"ON THE ROAD AGAIN" ready to
sing your song.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's a good thing you have such great helpers there. Washing your home is a BIG job for sure. I bet you both are ready to be on the road again. So good to hear that the arm is healing well. Families are wonderful and any time spent with them is always a good too.

Lucy said...

Jack you have two really good grandsons. Glad they could help. Neil and Nathan are truly the only ones that even offers. MJ is adorable. So any particular plan while on the road? You and Sherry are so good together I guess you are happiest when you are traveling.