Monday, July 16, 2012

What does the Doctor see?

I have always wondered just what the Dr. sees when he looks in my ears? too much wax, dirt? heck I try to clean them but when you cannot see you do the best you can. He tells me to put nothing in my ears smaller than my elbow. I’m with Maxine, “If q-tips don’t go in your ear, what are they for?”

I have done a little maintenance in my life and many times it involved moving a washer/dryer or Refrigerator.

Invariably the house keeper will immediately apologize for the gathered stuff underneath. Many times I put on a solemn face and say, “At out house we move this every week to keep it clean so when someone moves it, it will not look like this.”  Then I laugh and say ours is probably worse than this, it is not a great idea to move a refer too many times, especially if you have an icemaker. (I mean, like weekly) you can kink or age the supply line by doing it.

OKAY, we should be on the road in about 30 minutes, headed from this green valley and a wonderful visit with friends, to Pennsylvania. That will involve a stop overnight in Virginia.

So I pray our day is safe as well as yours, this looks like a great day to travel.

My friend Fred says he will see us in Bangor. I am carrying his camping stove as they will not let him haul it on the plane.

Thanks for stopping by the Log.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

Q. Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what?
A. Their birthplace

**************************************************

55 chevy140

Not good pictures, but these are my two most favorite cars. I will be looking for them on the road.

8 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

May the dear Lord grant you safe travels today and for the rest of your journey too. Hope you can check in with us when you stop overnight. Have a great Monday!

betty said...

I'm with Ma, asking the Lord for travel mercies for you and Sherry today as you travel! Should be pretty part of the country you are traveling through! Sounds like it could happen with Fred and you getting some hiking in if you got his stove!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

GODSPEED. You're heading to my old neck of the woods. ENJOY each and every mile.

Anonymous said...

well my birthplace is Portsmouth, VA and I haven't lived within 50 miles of it since 1981!

enjoy your travels through Virginia...so you're on your way to Maine?

I think my favorite "fun" car was the ex's 1964 Triumph Spitfire and my favorite "straight" car was his 1968 BMW! Or maybe it was the Ford F150 Don and I had...let's face it, I like vehicles that get me where I'm going...when they do that I'm a happy camper ;)

shirl72 said...

Hope you have a safe trip and the
weather is pretty. We are having
90's again and it is hot.
Maybe it will be cool in Va.
They did have a storm there.

BE SAFE
Shirl

Paula said...

I live within 50 miles of my birthplace after making a big circle of life through San Antonio and back to Atascosa county. As everyone says have a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

Please have you all a safe road ahead and a wonderful time.

Chatty Crone said...

May the Lord bless and keep you both on the journey! sandie