Tuesday, April 2, 2024

I just don’t fit

 Photo from the Past:

 Stella is down here with our beautiful Granddaughter Sherece, visiting her grandpa and us.  

This is the Stella $ bill

 So for today:

I do not understand!,,,,  Why would anyone who is financially strained, take their car in for a complete cleaning and pay up to $100 for what is now called DETAILING! Why not clean your own car?

Why will some men buy a 20,000 to 40,000$ boy toy on credit ?

I could go on, but I won't.

When I paid someone to cut my grass, it was just a way to give them money they needed.

I cannot go any further.  I just do not fit. I get confused at what is considered NECESSARY now; when in my past it was considered, EXCESS, impossible, for the average man/woman.

I am not talking about someone who has worked their entire lives and now reaping benefits.  I am talking about those near bankruptcy.  Folks who feel they must shop stores for name brands, when IMO they should check out thrift stores for clothes (even the named brands), to save THEMSELVES some money. "Going broke to Keep up with the Joneses" it was once said.

Sorry, I am ranting, but Sherry & I are financially sound in our retirement and are enjoying many perks we planned and saved for. I thought in my old age we would be foot loose and fancy free, travel ’if we liked’ and enjoy that nest egg for which we saved and planned to have.

BUT the year 2023 will go down as the worst year of my life. I am just so tired of being sick, beat down mentally by problems that are, as far as I can tell, no fault of my own.


                Above Friends Dallas and Marian met in 1956

Things are getting better, we hope to visit friends in Pennsylvania this year, we have missed them for a couple years.  We would also like to get to see Dan & Joan and the play ‘Daniel’ at ‘Sight and Sound’ near Lancaster, PA this year.


We have had a chance to see several plays here they all have been Fantastic!

Disregard my rant, (I know that isn’t possible), but things are looking some better for us…..

Nite Shipslog

PS:  Thank all of you that read here. I enjoy comments and appreciate it as I read them. Y’all are the BEST! Thanks for the times you have let me cry on your shoulder…..

 Sherry said THANKS too, said she was tired of carrying me! LOL

4 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

People spend beyond their means because they want everything now. It's all about enjoyment and being happy - right now. No waiting Everything must be instant. Instant happiness. Instant coffee. Instant everything. My uncle was fired from a medical lab for inventing instant laxative.

I'm praying that you have a better year than 2023. God bless you and Sherry.

Mevely317 said...

Hmmmm. From where I sit now, I totally agree about spending to excess ... at least for unnecessary things like a $7 cup of coffee or a new cell phone every year. (I could go on ...)
On the other hand! I'm glad for having spent $ and carried debt (+ interest) on travel opportunities while I was young(er). Unless something changes, that's a physical impossibility for Tom.

I hope you and Sherry have a large time with Sherece and Stella!

happyone said...

I wonder those same things!!!

Sheila Y said...

I pray things will continue to get better each day. Love you my friends, Sheila 💕