Saturday, April 6, 2024

This and that

 Today I worked to weld my riding lawn mower deck.  I got the job done, a real welder would laugh at the job. Yes honestly, but it will work. However, I cannot get the drive belts back on.  I am thinking a few years ago I would have finished in half the time.  It is hard for me to say, I can't do that. BUT,  I guess I cannot. It really hurts my feelings. LOL  It is only one final belt, I took it off while doing the job, so I know it should fit.  But If I would look at the job for the first time I would say that belt is too short, it does not fit, but I know it does!   

I also KNOW that something is wrong with my head, LOL  I had ten or more corrections in the above paragraph. LOL

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS typing. as you can seem looking at my screen now.  I seldom look at my screen and am surprised when I do look. I am now in Italics, and I should not be.  I had four corrections in that last one line.

Imma quit.  I love all you crazy people who read this.  But I must say good night.  OH WAIT!

We have a funeral to attend.  A friend of Sherry's and a classmate has died, and we will be attending his funeral on Sunday.  Also, our Granddaughter has a problem, and I will go over and replace her Ice machine feed for her refer. 

That line burst, I went over, and the three beautiful ladies had the mess taken care of, but the line needed to be replaced. The girls present were our DIL Corinne (my sweetheart). Sherece our granddaughter and Stella our GGranddaughter.  they had the problem under control. Corrine was at the Water meter with tbe special tool to cut the water off.  Most folks would not have known what the tool was supposed to do.  BUT THEY DID.  I am proud when I see Ladies surviving without male help, some of which should have been there.

Nite y'all. 

5 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Please accept our sincere condolences. Praying for you all.

God bless.

Susie said...

OH dear Jack, I have surprised myself at some of the words I have typed. Just keep at it. And here's some major advice, don't go working on your own head. LOL I know you love fixing things. Me too, I get to take a bow, I finally got my bathroom drain working. Had it apart for a long time. Paid a man to fix it. He put a coupling on and left. It would not drain. I took the trap off and fiddled with that blockage for weeks. I used the hair pullers and finally a metal snake. Hooray it worked. My Teddy was a pipefitter and he would have had it done in no time. I felt like I was making a career of it. :):) Stay strong and tough Jack and hold your sweetheart tight. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

happyone said...

I always feel good when I do something like that on my own with having to ask Ken for help. :)

Chatty Crone said...

I am sorry for the loss of your friends. Glad your 'girls' are so smart and you can fix it for them. I have a small humidifier that when a piece comes off - I have to google how to get it back on!!!!!!!!! I hope you get your belt on.
Jack I make a lot of mistakes typing too and I'm always saying the wrong words!
I worry about that.
sandie

Mevely317 said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Sherry's classmate.

Yay for your 3 beautiful ladies 'get-r-done' brains and skill set! Even at my advanced age, if there was a local class in Basic Home Repairs 101 I'd sign up. Basically, whatever happens around here, were it not for Tom I'd be up **** creek without so much as a paddle.