Sunday, April 7, 2024

 

 Just stuff

Pic of the day:  This was a brand new car when Sherry's class GRaduated.  1956.  WE also got married that year.  LOL

 


 1956 Ford.  I sure would love to cruise around in this dude.

For today:

I think I have fixed my own problem on my mower.  I asked the expert, He said he would have to see it to see what my problem was.

I had an idea and I think it is working. I have it ALMOST whipped. LOL

WE attended the funeral today and a lot of good things were said about Roy Gene Young..  He was a good guy. One of Sherry’s classmates became a dentist. I like to talk to him.  I mentioned to him again, I will never understand how a dentist can work, especially drilling using a mirror.  Everything is backwards.  LOL

One other classmate said to the big crowd of 5 classmates.  ‘Half of our classmates have died now.’  Of course, Evelyn and Sherry will get the annuals and check that out.

Before they left today, they all agreed to call other classmates and get together for lunch or dinner this week.  I have a feeling it will end up being these 5 couples at the dinner.

One of her classmates just returned from 7 weeks on a tour of Australia and New Zealand.  His wife did not go. She is afraid to fly so he and a buddy made the trip.

It generated more thoughts of going to Ireland, the dude is older than I am and Ireland is MUCH closer than Australia.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

Thank you all for being here… and being YOU.  

3 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's good to keep in touch with classmates. I have no contact with any of mine. They all moved away ... probably to keep away from me!!!

God bless.

Chatty Crone said...

I hope you do get together with your friends and catch up with them.
I am sorry you lost another friend.
I have to say one thing - I LOVE that 1956 car Sherry has!
Praying,
Sandie

Mevely317 said...

While there are 3-4 classmates with whom I'm friends on FB, I've no desire to actually spend time with the rest. I think Sherry's so fortunate to have attended a smaller school where forever friendships were made.

I never thought about a dentist using a mirror to work. Heck, I still have difficulty using the mirror on my car's information station to back up! Nope, I'm still turning my head and look over my shoulder -- the old fashioned way.