Sunday, April 21, 2024

Things I do not understand….

 Pic from the past:

Our only Christmas parade Float, the grand kids wanted it. LOL  (PS: If you ride a float, you do not get to see the parade!

For today:

Things do not always go my way; I am sure it is the same for you.

There are things I see and read that make my mind just say:  What?  Why?  How?  And say them seriously.

In my memory the price of the Milky Way candy bar goes from a nickel to close to a dollar.

I see inflation, but I do not understand it at all.  How does it start and how does it stop. I cannot think it is simply politics, because it is something NO ONE, no group, no side wants the blame for, do they?

I read where people have $250,000 to $500,000 student debts!  How can an educated person run up a bill like that, with no way to pay it?

How can anyone with a car running well, but old, buy a new car when they are already head over heels in debt?

I did not understand when my online friend, Lucy (may she RIP), said if it came to the point of paying for her meds or her dogs meds, the dog would get his?

Now folks, I love animals, always have but when an animal reaches the level of one of your kids or mate, that is something else that I do not understand….

I do not understand the internet, but I use it.  I do not understand ‘cloud storage’ because I know we cannot store things in clouds, CAN WE?


Speaking of clouds, how can one weigh 1.1 MILLION pounds and still float around and not fall? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT. I WILL END TODAY WITH THIS from the internet:

Suppose that the cumulus cloud you are measuring is about 1,000 meters long and about equal in height and width (1,000 meters for each dimension). To find the cloud’s volume multiply width by length by height: 1,000 meters X 1,000 meters X 1,000 meters. This equals 1,000,000,000, or 1 billion cubic meters.

Then multiply the volume by the weight of water within 1 cubic meter of cumulus cloud, which has been calculated as .5 gram. One billion cubic meters times .5 gram per cubic meter equals 500 million grams. Thus, the cloud weighs about 500,000 kilograms!  Now 500,000 KG = 1.1 million pounds.

NO, NO!! SAY IT AIN’T SO, JOE!!!

Remember that dude that said the sky is falling??? That is gonna HURT!  :-O

Nite Shipslog

PS:  I heard an educated man say the other day that the Sun has light, but the moon and all the stars have no light of their own, they only reflect the sun. Am I the only one who sees a problem there?

Thank you all for being here… and being YOU.  

5 comments:

salemslot9 said...

What gets me is the rise in
cost due to covid supposedly (?)
I guess that never goes down again
I remember Lucy
but don’t know what happened to her...

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A scientist explained it all to me. The sun is the only one "creating" light; it burns all the time. The stars and moon(s) and all the other planets like Venus etc ... reflect that light. Just like you shining a torch on a mirror and it reflects the light. The reason we do not see the SUNlight at night is to get us to go to sleep.

In some countries, (like very Northern Europe), their "day" is only a few minutes long. They wake up in the morning, prepare breakfast, and by the time they put it on the table it is time to go to bed again. This is very confusing. So they eat breakfast by torch light.

Clouds have no "volume" or "weight". They are just air at a different temperature to other air. When it gets cold in that space of cubic air (as you put it) then the cold air turns to water and falls down to the tune of "Singing in the rain" or "Raindrops are falling on my head!" Just listen carefully next time it rains.

Finally, Milky Way is a constellation of stars made of chocolate stretching from a Mars bar to the end of the Galaxy.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

I don't know what happened to my thoughts ... maybe I forgot (oops!) to key them here?
Have to admit, I agree with everything you expressed. Almost. Not sure I wouldn't, like Lucy, forego my own meds for our girls' sake. I guess it all depends on what sort of meds -- life affirming or life saving.
Debt, practically in any form scares me. Even if someone can well afford it, the examples you cite are so materialistic. Phooey.

yaya said...

So many perplexing things here Jack! I'm not a numbers person and prefer to let God handle the really crazy stuff. Inflation has me stumped as do the gas prices when something might happen and then they raise the pump price...however, I'm still trying to figure out why I'm not as skinny as I was in my 20's when I swear I eat the same...just kidding. That's the only thing I do get! Ha! Have a good day and don't think too hard friend. I think it will all work out in the end!

Susan Kane said...

I have missed you so much! Hope you and Sherry are well. So many questions with strange answers seem to be floating in the air. Who, what, where, when and why are big super big questions. Did you know that a donut costs about $3, and a hamburger is about $5 or so? Good to see your name.