Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Cheap Throwaway cups…

  Car of the day:

Times were slower (and harder) then:

 

So for today:

I am guilty of holding on to a good solid plastic cup to reuse.  Also at times we hold onto one or two because of memories that are attached.

This comes about because we are staying in our OLD coach as we visit our son Mark.  He bought our coach and the trailer here in Leesburg.  Since this was going to be a short 2 week visit he is allowing us to use the old motor home, of course it is like home to us we lived in this coach for 15 or more years.

We did not bring a lot of stuff and are getting by with what was here,

In front of me is a plastic cup. It is from ‘The Lucky Dill’.  At least one person reading this KNOWS that restaurant.  Myra once recommended it as a good place to stop for a snack or sandwich.  We did and loved it.  

We made several trips to The Lucky Dill  with our sons when visiting Port Richey, FL on the West coast of Florida.

Funny how that plastic drinking cup has kicked in so many memories for our family.  I love it when someone recommends a place and it meets all expectations. Thanks Myra.

Speaking of Throwaway cups, we met a man a couple weeks back known as, The Cup Guy.  Art Cozart is amazing. He drew a perfect picture of one of our nieces while we had dinner for Nephew Rick, home from Saudia Arabia.

Samples of his work:

 




I just read of a guy in California who does this and his cups sell for up to $1250 each.

Anyway, we do keep some ‘throw away’ articles.

Stay cool, and try to laugh today.

 

Nite Shipslog

3 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Wow! Thanks for the shout-out, Jack! I'd love the chance to go back to Lucky Dill again.

I agree! Certain inanimate objects sure hold memories. I smile when seeing an OLD Disney coffee mug from a day trip with my BF. There's a shiny yellow mug sitting next to it from an estate sale -- where we enjoyed a great time with friends. Silly, but I even remember standing in the sunroom of a house we passed this morning where I bought a sack of wooden clothes pins for 25-cents. Ha!

salemslot9 said...

The Lucky Dill
Reminded me of
Pickles in Atlantic City
Many years ago
Just my Mom & me
Stopped for a bite to eat
They had a crock of pickles
On every table
I don’t have a cup
Just a wonderful memory
Of our day trip together 🎰

Victor S E Moubarak said...

True, some items remind us of memories from way back then. Fond memories perhaps of good times we had.

God bless y'all.