Friday, August 18, 2023

Septic tank

  Car of the day:



So for today:

Mark bought this home from us earlier this year.  When we purchased it a couple years back the previous owner said the tank was serviced that year.

Over the years I have learned that pumping the tanks does no good if the drain fields are blocked, which was the problem with this one.

Both son Mark and I have built homes that the tank was required.  They are subject to stiff codes in NC.  We neither have had a call back.

 

Son Jack Jr had a very tough problem at his home a couple years back, that TANK had a GIANT root system that had invaded.  I helped with that one a little, too.

 

A lot of work in hot weather went into this, but we got-er-done.  Mark replaced two drain field lines We all ‘enjoyed’ shoveling SAND. Much easer than NC red clay, but very frustrating because it is not stable and slides right back into the hole you are digging. LOL

 However some sand is fun to dig in when it is called 

"A Beach."


I feel better, probably needed that tough work out in the sun. OF COURSE I am continually reminded of MY AGE of 84. The boys made sure this OLD MAN got water and shade all during the 2 days work. Sherry supervised.

Nite Shipslog

 

PS:

5 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Whew!
You've raised some issues I never knew about. Now, at least, I've a whole 'nother thing to worry about. (jk ...lol)

Please, no more playing in the dirt!

Susie said...

Thank God the crew boss Sherry was on the job. We want to work like we are younger...but we better take care not to over do. Blessings, stay hydrated and cool.xoxo,Susie

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Some work can be good exercise, but do not overdo it, Jack. It's been hot here too and working in the garden is very tiring.

God bless always. Praying for y'all.

yaya said...

We get our tank cleaned about every 5 years. No problems so far...knock on wood! You put younger men to shame with your work ethic and your stamina at 84! I can just imagine Sherry supervising! That's how I know you took care of yourself!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm thankful I live in the city nd don't need a septic tank. They must be kept up with for sure. Take care, as always you are doing the work of a younger man.