Thursday, August 17, 2023

Family

  Car of the day: The 79+ Crysler Cordoba  A beautiful car in it's time.



So for today:

I made up my mind to try to explain as close as I can our present extended ‘situation.’  A lot of prayer has gone into this. There are folks near and far praying, you will never know what it means to us. I mentioned prayer because awhile back I called Sherry’s attention to a cloud formation I was seeing from where I sat. She saw it. A hill formed and strangely the perfect cross stood on top.

As we watched the hill stayed and the cross rose above and was gone. Spiritual? A message?  I have no idea other than it made me feel good all over. WOW such a pleasure under the present strain……

Having only two sons, this family has still grown to a size I never dreamed of.  EACH member of this family knows Sherry & I care deeply for each one.  When one hurts, WE HURT.

One, very DEAR, has a HUGE legal problem. It began with a drug related arrest OVER 18 months ago Resulting in a $100,000 bond. One charge is correct, the others are not so, or very doubtful. If anyone knows us, they know we immediately dropped everything got involved and are trying to help.

For most of this 18 months the end result hanging over us was $125k fine and 20+ yrs in prison. Each month, court was a mystery but always resulted in a continuance. The Attorney has been on the job. Everything he asked for from our family was provided. This last court date, still no plea, but the Atty tells us now that most likely ‘extended’ lock-up time is gone (thank God), The fine still high, $100,000.  The last continuance brings us to a court date next month.

I am beat, but to make this a little more clear, DRUGS are a curse on our nation (world) I remember when the words Heroin and Cocaine were the blight, now if FENTANYL hasn’t touched your family or someone you know; sadly it most likely will touch you or someone you care for in the next 2 years.

Nite Shipslog

PS: Another month another month and another 1100 mile drive, prayers are still needed and appreciated.

6 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I am so sorry to hear about the situation you are going through and the agony and pain it causes you and yours. Rest assured that I continue to pray for you all. I believe that God is in control and at times like these we should continue to trust Him.

God bless you all, Jack.

Mevely317 said...

I don't know what's going on with Blogger, but twice now my comments have disappeared.
Sending you a private message via e-mail, okay?

Unknown said...

My husband and I talk about this all the time and that is drugs are killing this country. There isn't a family that isn't affected, and if not now will be. So sad. These drug smugglers are disgusting and should be locked away. So sorry for what you and your family are going through. You're not alone as so many families have been affected by this insidious drug. Prayers for all concerned.

salemslot9 said...

My long lost brother + cocaine = thief

Compassionate + brave = Jack

Anonymous said...

Always in my prayers🙏🏼

Lisa

Sheila Y said...

Always thinking of and praying for you all. Love y’all, Sheila