Saturday, August 12, 2023

Running 'round.

 

 Today's car:


Avon, at one time a top collector's item, now gone by the wayside. Sherry got this for me, I still have it. Avon shaving lotion in a '55 Chevy.

  

For today:

If you ever listened to Country Western you heard:

When I go out walking there's lots of loose talking

They say we're unhappy and we'll break apart

But darling it's not true because I still love you and I do it all with my heart

 

She said she likes the preacher! Ah ha, nobody likes that dude.

I said, “Former Attorney General Barr is getting FAT!”

She is supposed to say in agreement, ‘it looks like it!’

But she says, “I am not sure about that, he still looks good!”

See!!!!  I’m sure you can see what I mean….

Since she reads this blog I am sure she will watch her step from here on out! ;-)

 

Okay, you know I am joking at her expense, but she can take it, she’s COOL!.  She has put up with me for over 66 years,  Wow lot’s of folks don’t even live that long.

We know we are blessed to still have each other and cannot imagine the feelings that occur at the loss of a loving mate.  Some of you have experienced this and we know, if time continues it will be one of us left.

 

We are trying to pay attention. Susie lost Ted and Jilda lost Rick here in Bloggersville.  There were and are many losses in our lives, knowing how to handle them is the key. That is why we pay attention to what YOU say concerning loss.

Losses? We have had many:  Sherry and I are both the last of our families, our parents and siblings have all passed. … BUT, BUT WE KNOW THAT NONE  has hit us as hard as losing our SOUL MATE will.  We do not live in dread, but know inside now that in our mid 80s at best we have only a few years to enjoy each other. SO even in the present ‘family mental crisis’ I look at my bride and say, “No matter what Honey, it is Still just YOU AND ME! We must get thru this, and get our lives back.”

A song years ago by the Essex, said, “That is easier, easier said than done!” AND IT IS.

Thanks for your gift of time to read and comment on my drivel, it really does help.

 

   Nite Shipslog

PS:

Thanks for YOUR latest comments especially on Names and Radio Programs, it is nice to smile……THANKS AGAIN…

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are indeed blessed to have had each other for so many years. Like you said, some don't even live that long. I lost my DDH when he was only 50 and I was 48, He died, he was way too young. He will never know what it feels like to get old.

Mevely317 said...

I think my father had one of those Avon cars! Mother kept a box of them for years, believing they'd be worth $ someday.

So true, we're never guaranteed tomorrow. Man plans, and God laughs.
Thanks for reminding us to keep looking for the light at the end of the tunnel. Or, as my friend Terri wrote on FB this morning, "Life is a shipwreck; sing in the lifeboat."

Susie said...

Bless your heart Jack. I miss my Ted everyday. Promise you and Sherry will cuddle every chance you get. You are great sweethearts. Wishing you both blessings , xoxo, Susie

Unknown said...

I hope both you and Sherry live well into your late 90's. Don't think about it just enjoy life and being together and one day in the future you'll both wake up in your late 90's, look at each other and say "we're still here, God is good. God bless you both.

Anonymous said...

When I comment from from my phone, it makes me Anonymous but its me! Your hometown blogger!
You and Sherry are the perfect pair! Yes, I remember Rick. Miss his interesting nature post.

Lunch breaking
Lisa