Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Shocked and also Surprised

  Car of the day:

 

The world famous German VW a real workhorse...

So for today:

If you are not paying attention, you will miss stuff.  There are things you do not look at every day and after a while it is FORGOTTEN.

I said to myself, I need to get out of this crazy mood. This is not me.  Maybe I can talk Sherry into another trip. We can fly into Germany and catch a hop to London. Sherry can see the changing of the guard and even Big Ben.

I would then like to travel to Ireland to see what I have thought of a lot over my lifetime. We have never been there but our Grands, Josh & Megan, flew over and used the bed and breakfasts in the area and had a wonderful time. I want to do that.

I know what is required to do that traveling, it is called a Pass Port. I went to the files to check ours. WHAT?  At first I had a time finding them, then realized THEY HAVE EXPIRED! That happened in 2021, where does the time go?

I should have thought of it earlier because a few weeks ago the word PASSPORT was news in our family. Nephew Rickie flew in from Saudi Arabia where he works.  He lost his passport and had a heck of time getting a replacement so he could return. He would have been in a mess since his wife is in Kenya and he must have the passport just to see his wife and daughters….  He did get an extension on his stay here and a replacement.  BUT that should have keyed a thought

about passports….

The last time we made a whirlwind tour and used out passports.  Above is Sherry with Buck and Alice at a castle in Germany.  Below is your world traveler on that trip, YEP, this is Paris and that is the Eiffel Tower in the back ground and we did not even go to it.  Yeah I'm cool ;-(  ......

 

Maybe we can get them renewed without making a new application….  Just thinking…. Will check….

Nite Shipslog

PS: I just checked and yes we can renew the Pass Ports up to 5 years of expiration. ;-)  Now to talk to Sherry later.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me that you will have a wonderful time making a decision! Have to say I'M A TICH jealous!!! Lots of love and safe and happy travels!!

Lisa said...

You just gave me a blog post idea.

I do not have a passport. Nick does not feel the need to get one. So I guess lll never get one because I’d never go that far without him.

Lisa

Unknown said...

Well there you go, time to get those pass ports renewed and take a trip out of the country. You'd have to talk Sherry into it, but she strikes me as the adventurous type so probably no problem there. And anywhere you choose to go would have to be safer than the US is right now. So I say go for it!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a great idea and big plans. Hope to see you soon in London.

I bought a little souvenir statue of the Eiffel Tower. When I got home I was not impressed. It was not leaning as I expected. I had to put some gum under the legs to make it lean to one side. I notice the one in your photo is leaning very slightly towards the left. I thought it leant a bit more towards the right. Which is why they call it the leaning tower of Pisa; a district of Paris.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good luck! I hope you can get renewed quickly and go on the trip. I've never had a passport but I've only left the country once when I visited the Canadian side of Niagra Falls At the time you didn't need a passport to go, but now they do! I don't think Sherry would have a problem with a trip like that! I can't wait to see what happens !

Mevely317 said...

I was going to say, "Now you need to call Victor and schedule a meet-up for tea!" ... but he beat me to it! (I'm laughing so hard about his Pisa/Paris comment.)

That's interesting about the passport renewal grace period. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure ours are way past the 5-year mark.
I'm looking forward to reading, "It's a go!" in an upcoming post!