Friday, July 24, 2015

One down and One to go, Friday’s entry

Thanks for the concern, thoughts and prayers for my lady. She came out in a wheelchair to the second waiting room and took a seat. When I sat down beside her she said, “That was a breeze.”
bd084483a34e61f55542a6f0ca51bc87
She is doing well, but not a good patient (at first) she is learning well, after a reminder or two of her (stern) care for me. LOL
Her appointment was at 1:30, she was called at 1:27 by my watch. They run a tight ship, and everyone is very friendly and helpful. They also have apples, cookies, coffee and bottled water easily available to patient and observers.
IMG_0001-X2
She has one eye drop  that was applied ever hour until bedtime last night and then it and two other types of drops to be applied twice daily after that.
As of this writing, she cannot tell much because the eye is still dilated. We will let you know more next time around.
TheVillagesGolfCart8
It is still strange to see so many golf carts of all sorts when visiting the Villages. It is amazing that someone designed a place you  can reach practically ALL the necessities of life on a Golf Cart. The locals arrived for surgery in golf carts.
TVgolfcarbrwnwd
One of the selling points of The Villages is ‘Free Golf for Life.’  For the golfer that is a sort of heaven I guess.  Since I am not a golfer (and I have tried it a couple times), that part does not yank my chain.
But for those who like it, well more power to them. They sell on average 250 houses a month in the many Villages. As a former builder, That boggles my mind.
59ba8479bcb3b3217d1e9930e97dc6b0
When we went to Tarpon Springs for my cataract surgery we took the motor home and they had hook ups and places to stay on campus. A very nice perk. Anyway, The clinic at The Villages is close to where we stay part time in Florida so it worked out well for us and Sherry’s surgery.
Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.
Nite Shipslog
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<V>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Then came 1935 in the Automobile world…
1935_Chrysler_Airflow_2-Door_Car_AdertisementDaimlerChrysler_Historical_Collection1935_Ford_boattail_2_ggr_model_car_images_wall_paper_papers_photos_pictures_cars_pics1935_mercedes_500_k_replica_car_all___steel_body_2___door_convertible_automatic_1_lgw1935-duesenberg-sj-roadster-courtesy-of-gco-20091935-Pierce-Arrow-Limousine-Black-sv1935-PJ-Perfection-bullet-proof-Plymouth1935-rolls-royce-phantom-ii-binder-dhc-09377ford-7w-1935Singer%2520pirate%2520lorry%2520(1935).2
And then the above was the Singer of 1935 (doesn’t even look like a sewing machine does it. “As smooth as a Singer’

9 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Glad Sherry is doing well. It sounds like a wonderful place to recover.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's good to get your update and glad one is done.

Glenda said...

So happy to hear the good news, she's a trooper!

Jean said...

Glad to hear Sherry is doing well. When I first had the surgery everything looked bright to me for a few days, and I was beginning to think well! It cleared back up. Take care. Jean

betty said...

So happy to hear Sherry is doing well! I do understand it takes a few days for the vision to settle; I'm sure the other eye will go equally as well!

betty

Paula said...

So happy Sherry is doing well and has one down and one to go.

Elizabeth said...

Very good to hear that it went well!

Mevely317 said...

Such great news, Jack. Sherry's a real trooper, isn't she? Then again, she has a great coach! :)

Those golf carts are adorable!

jack69 said...

I love you guys, I put in this entry 'Free GOLD for life' of course meaning free golf for life and you guys didn't shoot at me. My one-eyed bride caught it. I allowed her an hour on the computer and she critiques me. LOL.. She B SWEET.
Thanks to everyone again for all the support She appreciates it.