Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Just messing around

  We just bought me a 'memory foam' pillow. I have used it now for a few nights and it cannot remember what I told it, THIN I said THIN!  Then I push it flat and say, "Remember that!"

We have been making up time in the chilly weather here.  We have played a lot of 'Mexican Train' and  I have read a couple westerns.

Today I lived the "Senior moments joke that has been around for years.
I went out to check the air in my tires. I noticed a mop I had used to clean the top of the slide out. So I took it to the spigot, and started rinsing it. and needed a bucket. I headed for the bucked ant noticed the Big walnut log I started on and meant to move it, so I did. I walked over to my playhouse (shed_) and realized I had not refinished our 'Camping sign, the ships wheel'. So I went to get my screw gun to take it apart and saw my chain saw. It needs sharpening. I fetched my new files while there I remembered the tires. I plugged the compressor in to build up pressure and decided to finish moving the logs while the compressor did it's thing. I did move the logs grabbed the bucket finished the mop. (something done). I took the ships wheel apart and sanded it down. repainted it. Then remembered the compressor and I actually did the tires.

I stopped and laughed at myself. Came in and  asked my girl if she wanted to  play around?  She said yes I'll get the dominoes for Mexican train.

my day..
Nite Shipslog

PS: Like I think I have told everyone, this laptop lets me type a line. I wait a few seconds then it shows it to me to correct. LOL
Andrey apologized for not having the gaskets installed, but they did not come in today as promised by the supplier.  WE miss our home.  BUT LIFE IS GOOD!

8 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Funny fellow, you are! I'm talking about an image of you perched atop 3 couch cushions!
Yep, I'm all about pillows and such, carefully positioned so as to appear careless. (Does that make sense?) Finding a good sleeping pillow can be a challenge. Presently I'm using 3 'also-rans' but most nights they get the job done. Yep, life is good!

NanaDiana said...

I have to look up that Mexican train to play with my one grandgirl that likes dominoes. Hope your pillow works out okay for you. I love my old goose down pillow. lol Hope you and your sweetie have a good night. Hugs- Diana

ps- At least you got SOME things done! And I see you dodged the big MWAH on my post so sending a big one to BOTH of you!

Chatty Crone said...

You did get some work done and I don't or haven't heard of Mexican Train dominoes???

betty said...

Least you got some work done in between checking the air in the tires :) Hopefully now that the jacks have arrived, you guys will be back in your regular home before long.

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Dominos are fun...and a good way to pass the time. I love the description of your senior moments...I have been there and done that one...one thing leading to another ...so many times. We may go above zero today and I'm happy about that for sure. Have a great Thursday! I'm sure your home will be ready soon.

Dar said...

I had a good laugh over your day because it reminded me of most of mine...working one spot or another as one thing led that way. It does get stuff done tho. Well done. I sleep on a very flat pillow, no more than a couple inches thick. It works for me with neck/spine issues. We used to play Mexican Train Dominoes with our neighbors. They're both gone now but it sure was a fun time to spend a cold day. We woke to minus -28 this morning but NO wind, so it doesn't Feel twice as cold. We are on the upswing by Sat.
loven'hugs from up north where the sun shines bright and welcome today.

Glenda said...

Oh my, the senior moments, I'm there. Just call it my "ADD....HIJK" :)

TARYTERRE said...

hope you like that memory foam pillow. new pillows are hard to get used to.