Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Sometimes the internet is tough to reach. haha



Trucks of Art
            1941 Chevy Pickup

Blog entry
Automobiles of Art
Today:
I haven’t been old but a week or so and I can already tell it. But I have two sweethearts that Sherry knows about, that are actually older than I am. Jean down in Opp and Paula out in the great state of Texas. Both are tougher than I and sweeter, if you can believe that (as sweet as I am). These ladies have more grit than a beach!
We have had the fortune to meet them both. The meetings were no more than 1-2 hours but both ladies are the definition of ‘sweet tough’.  I have always regretted we did not visit longer. I think both ladies still read the Shipslog. I just wish I had half the sand these ladies have.
That sorry enemy of the aged visited both families. The men in their lives met Mr. Dementia and he came to stay. Jean has said goodbye to her beloved Grover. Pauline is hanging in there. She always wanted to be a cow girl, she is one. Paula is my favorite ‘down home’ poet. She allowed me to use her poems in my one child’s book.
I said that to say, I am trying to handle old-age, but there is something out there fighting against me. As I write this our jacks are still not working. After our game of ‘Mexican Train’ Sherry looked over my shoulder and said, “Honey, we have a leak.” Sure enough from around the roof A/c was a heavy drip-drip. The rain is constant and insistent.  Ever notice the logic, when you have a leak, the rain makes it worse.  I am one smart cookie!


Of course I got out the tools. I have it stopped as I type, but all RV’ers know, that is temporary. I can fix it permanently later, but dadgummit, the things to fix, are coming too regular for an OLD MAN.
I will be young tomorrow, but tonight, I am OLD.
Nite Shipslog
PS I wrote this yesterday and could not get it on, as of tonight the Jacks are fixed, the coach is still in the shop and I am on an ancient laptop that says I am not up to date, etc.

Also tougher when you do not have your pass words and start guessing. lol

8 comments:

betty said...

Wonder where you were yesterday; thought I missed you somehow. Glad the jacks are fixed. Ick on the leak; one thing or another, isn't it? I have a series of passwords that I used. One for banking and bills, the other for "fluff". It makes it easy when I'm trying to get on something that I might or might not remember the password. These days though places are requiring fancy combinations of passwords like a capital letter in addition to a symbol. That gets a little tricky on what to remember in what combination.

betty

Lisa said...

Im glad you found a computer source. I was missing your blogging as soon as I read that you would be away for a while. Ha.
I think its time you and Sherry find a new coach. Those leaks will have hidden damage that will keep getting worst. I know you two must talk of it all the time. Just remember, It is a big investment but you would have peace of mind knowing nothing is wrong and your safe on the road.

Hang in there.
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You were missed yesterday and I'm glad you found a way to let us know you are ok. On the things I cannot fix list today is the water pipe in the bathtub and shower. it is frozen. All the other facets are working and I am not without water...so I'm counting my blessings today. It could be worse for both of us.

Dar said...

Peace of mind with your coach would be answered doing like Lisa says. It's when the ' one thing after another ' start to nickel and dime ya to death. I'd go for the peace of mind while you can still travel. Just sayin'! I am glad your jacks are working again and the leak is temporarily fixed. We have bitter cold to contend with. We opened the cellar door where the kitchen water lines run so they don't freeze and break and we're waiting on warmer weather by the weekend. For now, it's -25 below zero that feels like -40 below with the wind. It's darned nasty out there.
love n' hugs from our warm woodstove heated home to your coach home. Life is good!

Mevely317 said...

In spite of your Coach's ills, it's great to 'see' you back this morning! Altho' it goes against my every instinct, I have to agree with Lisa and Dar. Like Betty mentioned, my 'sensitive' sites' passwords are a combo of letters, numbers and symbols. Remember how we were taught to spell arithmetic? "A Rat In The House Might Eat The Ice Cream." That's what I do to remember mine.

I hope your today is sweeter than the last!

Glenda said...

Ouch, so very sorry to hear about your roof leak. We had a ton of rain also, my apartment roof that was coated with 25 gallons of elastomeric six months ago sprang a big leak. Ended up with four pails catching water; I know how frustrating that is for y'all.
Good to hear the jacks are repaired; you're NOT old, just had a run of situations that needed to be addressed. Have to say, I feel bad for your readers who are coping with that arctic weather north of us, it's crippling. My weather map for MO shows it's predicted to warm up tomorrow, above freezing, prayers.

Woody said...

Wondered where your Post was, !!! All to familiar with Temp Patches and fixes on our Campers ! Hope the fix was good on the Jacks !
You 2 take care, We are in the start of a 3 day BLIZZARD, Both of us just got home from the Hospital ! Gary & Anna Mae

TARYTERRE said...

love both paula and jean. sweet ladies indeed. sorry to hear about your leak.