Saturday, January 26, 2019

Would you live in a school bus?



        School bus of Art:
Have you ever wondered about the interior????

 
The bus report:
Many years ago I built our ultimate brick & mortar home. It was to be the LAST one, no more moving. Nothing fantastic in design, a 3BR 3 bath on South Main Street in Belmont. The one unique thing added was a heated indoor pool. We loved it. Then after a few years our itchy feet needed to be scratched so we bought a small motor home. Then a bigger motor home with no place to park it. So I built us another 'LAST' home with parking area sans the pool. After traveling in the 38 foot Overland we decided to move into it full time.

As most of you know Sherry and I have lived on the road for around 20 years now.  We traveled extensively before that.

I didn’t want to tackle building our own coach, but some folk do. I thought you would like to see some of the unique school buses, we see them in every RV park. Many families home school, and live in a school bus. LOL

This is an inexpensive bus, $1800-$3000


This is stripped......

This is finished......


Now just a few more:

 They are amazing. You have to give these people a hand for being innovative.
This is not for the faint of heart.  Lot of time work and love involved.

 You can go to the extreme at anything! LOL

And then you can actually have a school if you like.


Now when you see someone vacationing in a school bus you won’t have to feel sorry for them, many of them have ALL the comforts of home.

Most of the above are from the internet. We see them parked with happy families around them. Most people are concerned about appearances and would not travel in an OLD SCHOOL BUS, but those that do save many thousands of dollars, not to mention taxes. (true dat!)
Nite Shipslog

10 comments:

Mevely317 said...

WOW … I love these! And yes, I'd live in one in a heartbeat … if I had someone to drive it. Or at least back it up; even in my Camry I'm not so great driving in reverse.

Chatty Crone said...

I do love those Jack, I think I could live in there if there was just me - don't know about the ole family in there too though.

betty said...

These are luxurious looking!! I could definitely live in a school bus designed like these!

betty

Woody said...

WoW, I have thought about a School Bus, we sold the Aliner Camper,we have had a lot of campers, I wonder if there is a way to put in a septic system for Grey water and Sewage so there could be a bathroom in the "School Bus" !!! I will have to google it, 5PM and 11 degrees, time for scrambled eggs and toast and Grits !!! You 2 stay warm, will try to keep the cold above the Mason Dixon Line !,,, Take care and love from the frozen north! Gary & Anna Mae

NanaDiana said...

My hubby's father redid an old bus and because he was such a tall man he cut it apart at the window level and raised it up about 2 feet and then put all new windows in it. He kept it for several years and then sold it in Mexico and bought a "proper" motorhome. LOL

Happy travels to your and your sweetie! xo Diana

Rick Watson said...

I’m envious of how creative some can be.

Lisa said...

Yep, we see a couple every summer at the campground. Usually young couples trying to vacation cheap. They are not near as luxurious as the one you just posted. Put a toilet and a heater in it, and ill live in it. I would make it cozy!

Nite
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Those are no ordinary school buses for sure. Some are like the most expensive RV's out there. I've never seen one in person, but watched news report about a company that makes school buses into fancy coaches just recently. It was like seeing a remodel of a house, only on a bus instead. They are amazing.

Glenda said...

Those examples are amazing, have not seen the interior fitted out like that. It does look like a motor home! Yep, I could live in a remodeled school bus!

Dar said...

Bill's son's girlfriend owns 5 buses, sold one just recently just for that purpose of turning it into an RV. There are a lot of folks out there, like yourself, that have the ingenuity to repurpose. Bill and Andy converted a truck camper into a hunting shack. I love the layout of some of those you posted. I'd also have to have ' the conveniences,' but definitely could live in one. I just saw a bunch of them on Pinterest. Cool rides.
love n'hugs from up north where the grandloves are rather noisy this morning. Time for a board game.