Friday, July 31, 2009

Health care OUR WAY!

This is Sonny, Colette, Sherry, jackie and Vickie when they came to visit us when we lived in DC. Jimmy Carter occupied the White House then.
This is a shot at the out door theatre (the only kind we had in GITMO) at the Bob Hope USO show. Charlie Pride came with him, I loved Charlie Prides singing when I could hear.
Todays drivil/........

Now I will be the first to say I have not read the proposed health care plan, None of them. I doubt very seriously that 1/10 of 1% the USA voters, including congressmen and the president himself have read the whole thing. You are looking at a minimum of 1000+ pages of small print, and it is in legaleze.



I do know that some democratic congressmen have stated that seniors need to accept the ailments that go with age. Easy for them to say because he doesn’t even have a deductable to meet, for the rest of his life.



I do know that illegals will be covered if passed and I do not like that.


(I just copied this from the bill, does this make you happy?)


(STUDY ON MEDICARE PAYMENTS FOR LANGUAGE SERVICES.--The Secretary of Health and Human Services shall conduct a study that examines the extent to which Medicare service providers utilize, offer, or make available language services for beneficiaries who are limited English proficient and ways that Medicare should develop payment systems for language services.) direct quote from the bill.



While discussing the upcoming Universal Health Care Program friends, I think we have found the solution. This is not original but I am sure you have heard the ideas that if you're a senior you need to suck it up and give up the idea that you need any health care. A new hip? Unheard of. We simply can't afford to take care of you anymore. You don't need any medications for your high blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems, etc. Let¹s take care of the young people. After all, they will be ruling the world very soon.




So here is the solution. When you turn 70, you get a gun and 4 bullets. You are allowed to shoot 2 senators and 2 representatives (no not kill them, just do a little damage) . Of course, you will be sent to prison where you will get 3 meals a day, a roof over your head and all the health care you need! New teeth, great! Need glasses, no problem. New hip, knee, kidney, lung, heart? Well bring it on. And who will be paying for all of this. The same government that just told you that you are too old for health care. And, since you are a prisoner, you don't have to pay any income tax.




And if we all do our part we can end up in the same prison and have one heck of a social life.



Thanks for reading this junk,
Nite Shipslog
PS:
There is a sign up here in Gorham that reads:
“IF the Healthcare Program is so Good, Let the President and Congress sign on FIRST!”


*******
Lucy climbs to the top of Mt. Sinai to get close enough to talk to God. Looking up, she asks the Lord, “God, what does a million years mean to you?”


The Lord replies, “A minute.”


Lucy asks, “And what does a million dollars mean to you?”


The Lord replies, “A penny.”


Lucy asks, “Can I have a penny?”


The Lord replies, “In a minute.”

8 comments:

Paula said...

That solution sounds like a winner to me.

robert said...

Living now in a building older than 60 years demanded also some 'health care'. Having grandmothers above 80 does too. Calling the kid called Stefanos Orfeas my own will probably demand even more.
However we do. As probably all of us would, as life is like that. Reading about a 1000 page program to handle health, makes me think, as I didn't need anything alike so far.
Liked the thought about the prison, maybe they get branch offices abroad as well.
Please have a nice weekend.
p.s.: you might like to 'wear' those shoes shown at my site ;)

Lucy said...

You are something else Jack, between you and Robert I have to work this old brain all the time. lol By the way I will go along with Paula, that might be a winner as far as a roof and food and I really could use a new pair of glasses.

Anonymous said...

well if not for "my" health plan..that "my" hubby worked for to provide...I wouldn't be hearing today...I am sure this "health" plan is a good one...not even worth our time and effort to read...but don't you just love that fact that those who have no worries about health care...food...rent...clothes..schooling...and their kids...are the ones who are trying to make life easier for us who do??? sheesh!!! hugs to you and Sherry...

betty said...

actually, Jack, your plan sounds like a good one! seriously, I know we need reform, but I just wish they would read the bill before they vote on it. I worry about what this will cost in the long run

betty

shirl72 said...

Sounds like a good plan to me. We can get our
Masters Degree,exercise and keep our cell phones. I vote for that plan.

Shirl

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry and Jack! I like that solution as long as we can pick our cellmates. Hope all is well with you! :)

Unseen India Tours said...

Fantastic solution !! This is a great post..Thanks for sharing..Unseen Rajasthan