Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Finished.....................I thought! LOL

Today I took some pictures of our finished house. When I mentioned 'Well it is finally finished,' My girl looked at me and said, "It will be, once we get the wall accouterments .... (things) hung and some rugs." Girls know too much stuff!  LOL

We have a very small bedroom with three windows.  We both figured we had better go with a 'full sized' rather than the Queen we prefer. So we bought this for $125.
Refinished, it looks like this: I had to move the mirror to the side to miss the window.
Below is BR #1, now Blue (MIssing a dresser and chest, on the way from NC next week)
The kitchen now has some color and the microwave above the stove
 Looking from the little kitchen to the dining/ Living room combo.  Below is closer in the living room and Sherry is modeling the couch. (sorry about the light but was the best I could do.
Another angle catching our little dining room suite.


Above is Sherry in our little wash room. She has designated Monday Wash day, when in the motor home she washes about every 3 days.

Okay now for the important stuff.

No, it is not my dog house. Although she did come out and ask if I would be here all night. LOL But she was joking (I think) She B too sweet to be mean. (most of the time)
 Inside my play house. I have two saws and a compressor awaiting my attention. LOL
Finally, I did install large gates to give privacy to the motor home.
 The fence doesn't hide the motor home of course, but adds some security, if it is needed.   So far , all is well.
We are VERY pleased with the little house and parking area. 

The little house is only  about twice the size of the motor home.

Now about them danged rugs and wall hanging thangs! LOL  Just joking sweetheart, bring 'em on!

Nite Shipslog

PS: I have worked 3 hours to get the photos uploaded. I have tried  3 servers.. but it is done.

Imma thinking this is a Valiant.

11 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Congratulations ! You two have made a house a home. It looks wonderful! I do agree with Sherry you do have to have those rugs and wall hangings to add a personal touch ! I really can't believe all you have done in such a short time. You did a great job of it!!!

betty said...

It is looking mighty good! Well done for all your and Sherry's hard work. I like your play area!

Betty

Lisa said...

The house looks great! I love the comfy look of it all. You two did a good job! Also, you two are looking skinny. Eat a whole biscuit next time.

Lisa

Woody said...

I love your Place, I really like the dining set, we cannot find those chairs up here that have the 4 wheels n them, can you tell me who the company is that makes them and maybe I can google them to find them to buy 2 of them.
You have a nice work area and place to play ! Looking Good !!!


Gary

Glenda said...

Very nice how it's all come together!!! The refinished/refurbished bedroom set has a retro feel and that mirror off center of the dresser works beautifully in the corner space. Kitchen, dining/living combo, the whole interior has been transformed and looks welcoming. That shop is HUGE -- you needed that -- and wooden gates look lovely as well as providing privacy and security! It's a "JacSher Darnell & Son renovation" !!

Mevely317 said...

WOW ... what a transformation! I'll bet your realtor-lady would be astonished. :)

I'm gonna show your play-room to Tom and 'guilt' him into cleaning up his workbench. (Maybe!)

2023 said...

I was recently reading about cable shows that make-over small residences...The Darnell Home Renovation Hour? Would probably pay for the grandchildrens' college degrees. Your medical issues sure don't show when looking at this place, & then also factoring in the time it took(or didn't take).

Rick Watson said...

It's looking good Jack. But as a guy, I must encourage to stand your ground if you're asked to shop for window treatments. Be brave dude. You won't have to eat kibbles and bits for more than a few weeks. There's a lot at stake here brother.
R

Dar said...

Well done! Everything looks great but Sherry's right......a home needs pictures and rugs to complete the package. Kinda like frosting on the cake or ice cream on the apple pie.
Pretty neat, I mean ' neat ' doghouse. I can't imagine anything is 'ever' out of place. Great job you two lovelies.
Hugs from our cooler north. It rained all afternoon but no wind so not so bad out there.

Paula said...

Looks so neat and cozy. Job well done you two.

Sheila Y said...

You all did a great job! But we knew you would! It is so cute and cozy. Take it easy now. Sending love from up here where it is forecasted to be in the 50s and 30s early next week. :-) Sheila