Friday, November 25, 2016

How do you FEEL?

How many times have you been asked that question and lied?  Well maybe misrepresented the truth  just a little.

 "Hey Jack, how you doing?" I have been asked that question many times, most times the person asking does not really want a run down of your aches and pains.  I think my stock answer to the question from a friend, kin or acquaintance is: "I'm doing great! And YOU?"

Son Mark and Janie left last night. Jack Jr. left this morning after one of his mama's 'real breakfast' of eggs and grits.  I tried to get my mind on 'doing something' but nothing really jelled. I pulled, dug, chased and cut some roots. Went to UPS to pick up a repaired hearing device. Run to Walmart and Lowes for a couple things that I thought would SPUR me on.

BUT, but today, had I been asked, "How are you doin'?" I would have had to answer, "I feel so unnecessary."

That is so frustrating to me, because, "THAT AIN'T ME!"

It was dark before I went out to my 'play house' checked out an old compressor and pronounced it dead. Lubricated an electric motor, then just to see if I could muster some 'git-r-done' I ran wire and installed two more electric outlets in my play house. I felt a little better, but still 'unnecessary.'

BUT TOMORROW??? Imma gonna be my old lovable self!  I will remember what a good time we had with our sons.

I will remember how thankful I am for my girl. You know what? I think I'm feeling a little better.

Nite Shipslog


Automotive theme for tonight is, "Getting the most out of your vehicle"

12 comments:

Paula said...

Maybe you didn't want your boys to leave. Nothing wrong with that. I don't feel so great today either. It isn't that I'm ungrateful but I feel so tired because part of our company stayed from 1:30 until 9:30. Couldn't get my rest in the afternoon.

Lisa said...

We all have those days! I assume if im out and about, then Im fine. So when someone ask how im doing, I say "fine ,how are you?" When I walk into the doctors office, sick. The first thing the doc asks is, "how are you feeling?" I usually give him a stupid look and shrug my shoulders. Duh! Strangers or accuantences do not need to know my intire story. Thats what friends are for. Haha. Besides, blogging how we feel seems to work better.

Have a great day today!
Lisa

Dar said...

I was feeling a bit unsettled this morning, not knowing what or IF I wanted to accomplish anything this morning..............is it the weather, one celebration gone, another around the corner? Don't know but this too shall pass, right. The sun was shining, eaves dripping, telling me it'll be warmer so I shall straighten right up and carry on.
Have a wonderful day with your girl.
Love and Misses from our white WI. My day just got better. Here comes my guy

Glenda said...

It's that post-Holiday let down, take a break! Everyone has those days now and then, hugs to you two lovebirds, Glenda

Mevely317 said...

Ya, I think we're all susceptible to these sorts of feelings; particularly after a much-anticipated get-together. Everyone else has their busy-busy lives, their agendas ..... and we're left feeling 'meh.' (Isn't it great how friends in Blogville don't feel they have to put on a fascade?)

Big hugs from the desert!

2023 said...

If someone as necessary as you feels UN, well, then it truly does happen to the best of us.
Here is how I feel, & to thank you (& Sherry too, who is the silent blog partner).

http://justmaryagain.blogspot.com/2016/11/happy-thanksgiving-winging-it-post.html

Jean said...

I'm often asked that question and I always say great or good. My children left at 6:00 AM yesterday and I know your feeling I just went and changed bed sheets and washed them, vacuum and cleaned house. We had a nice thanksgiving their friends came down from Birmingham and daughter in law, Ethan and Lilly. I have a lot to handle since the husband isn't able, but I’m just glad I still have him. Take care. Jean

betty said...

I hope you feel more necessary today. It is hard to see loved ones go, especially if the time together was fun. We do seem to say we feel fine, even if we aren't. It is good to speak the truth sometimes, helps others to give us encouragement. To so many, you are "necessary" in so many ways.

Betty

shirl72 said...

Glad you and the family had a nice Thanksgiving..Mine was good and I am thankful
for good health and all my blessings. We are having good weather and warm for
this time of the year. Guess we will be waiting for the next Holiday-Christmas.

Back Porch Writer said...

Oh you are necessary and you know it! ;-) Hope you all are settling in down there a bit. I am going to have to go down and read up where I left off. Hope your Thanksgiving was good. I still consider it Thanksgiving - it lasts all weekend here. lol

Rick Watson said...

I get that way from time to time. I say I feel out of sorts, for the lack of any better explanation.
R

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm feeling tired out but very blessed here. I just spent a week with two of my son's and their families that live out of state and whom I rarely get to see. They made me feel useless and treated me royally. I wasn't allowed to do any work or cooking at all, but I did get a much needed rest so I have to be thankful for that. I spent yesterday with my Ohio family and didn't do any work there either. It's seems that they can put on a feast for the family without any help for me. After spending 4 hours in an air port and 3 hours in a plane I was thankful for them for sure. It's good to go visiting but also very good to be home.