Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Hank, one of a kind

 

 Today’s Car

 Hank and Steve's favorite car, the Pontiac TransAm


 For Today:

Some things just hit you HARD! His name was Hank MACE! A young fellow you would be proud to call a brother, dad or friend.  I met Hank after he reached the 16 year old level.  He was close friends with Steve Helms my nephew.  The both bought Trans Ams with the money from their first jobs. One had a stick shift, the other an automatic.  Son Jack Jr. reminded me of that fact of the past!

I am sure Hank was not perfect, but to me he was the  ideal man. He was always the mechanic growing up, he ended up as head mechanic with UPS methinks.

ONCE I was having trouble with the rough ride of a Monaco RV we had just purchased.  I mentioned it on my Blog.  I got a comment from Hank.  I was very surprised that he EVEN read the Blog. “Hey Jack, I can fix that ride for you!”

What?

He came over to the Coach and in 15 minutes he readjusted the air ride. No charge.  HA, no way, we gladly gave him $100 for the trouble call.

He said he was sure that the air had NEVER been adjusted.

Lots of good memories involving Hank.

Word of his death shook US but I am sure there is no way for our nephew Steve to grasp the loss of a BEST FRIEND.  I Know that, because Steve’s dad (Sonny Helms) was my Best friend, and there is not a day goes by I do not miss him.

I know you too have lost someone special.

My present problem took a back seat for awhile today as I worked and thought of Hank.  HE WAS SPECIAL!!!

Nite Shipslog

PS: I still put in about 10 hours today and Yes I am beat.  Thanks for reading.  Love from NC

9 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Oh Jack, I'm so sorry to hear this. Hank sure sounds like a great man. Methinks, perhaps the best way to honor someone is to keep remembering them with a smile and a story.

Thanks for stopping by. We miss y'all!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sorry for the loss of your friend. It's good that you have such wonderful memories. I think they remain in our hearts forever!

Chatty Crone said...

I'm so sorry to hear about his death - death is always surprising to me. I am glad you had the opportunity to know and love him in your life.

yaya said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your good friend. We had a reunion with a bunch of old friends and really enjoyed catching up. It was suggested we do it next year instead of this summer but I said at our age you never know who will be able to attend in another year. So I'm glad you have wonderful memories of your friend but I understand it's hard to not have them with us. Take care Jack and don't work too hard with the crazy heat!

Susie said...

Jack, I enjoyed reading about your family and friends. The passing of someone we know and love it so hard. You have some good memories of young Hank. You are right... we still think of those gone on before us and at times the pain of loss is overwhelming. Prayers and good wishes to all. bless you, xoxo, Susie

Woody said...

Sorry for your Loss Jack, my Condolences to his family and Friends. 91 Degrees here in Eagle Point Oregon, Headed out for California in the Morning for couple days, Sending over Love and Prayers, Gary and Anna Mae

Anonymous said...

Love yall

Glenda said...

Thinking of you two and wishing you well, Love and hugs. Glenda

Susan Kane said...

What a friend to own! I hope you are doing better. Check my blog. It is something all people from our generation will recall.