Saturday, June 8, 2024

Murphy update.

 Just a note .  We were touched by the many comments, here and e-mails.  Especially blessed by your comments here and prayers.


YES, this Murphy is a fighter and had a host of 'Team Murphy' here in the area.

His chest has been closed, A biggie I understand.  Then the even bigger one, the removing of the breathing tube.  His dad was no duty the night before but mom had went home for a much-needed night off. Traffic delayed her return, but the Medics held up the BIG MOMENT of removing the breathing tube and bringing him around after the EXTREME SURGERY was completed so both parents would be present when he opened his eyes.  She arrived a few minutes  later and the PROCEDURE was done, the breathing tube was removed, and he was 'allowed' to come out from under.  They all smiled with joy,  when he opened his eyes and smiled then his first  words were:

I GOTTA PEE!

Oh yes, I will not give his name here now, but the donor was a sweet little three year old boy who had a strong heart but a life losing disease.  The scene was so touching with the donor's family taking THE LIFE-WALK to the surgery with their son. Family, staff and friends lining the hallway.

TEAM MURPHY announces so far everything is on track and of course they all know that recovery is a tough road.  Prayers continue.

Love you guys, i will be back on line soon......

Nite Shipslog

8 comments:

Mevely317 said...

I've seen a couple of those "Life Walks' portrayed on the internet and television. Not unlike right now reading your words, my eyes are brimming salt water.
No greater gift!

Thank you for this update. Prayers continue!

happyone said...

Thanks for the update. Happy and sad at the same time.
Still praying for all.

Chatty Crone said...

I have no words - it is a miracle for sure. Bittersweet.

Sheila Y said...

I’ve seen a couple of those special walks on the internet and Cori has told me about one at her hospital. You can’t help but shed tears for the family’s loss but such a blessing for the recipient. Continued prayers for Murphy. Take care, Sheila

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Praise to Lord for His many mercies! That is such good news. I will continue to pray all goes well and for a speedy recovery!

Susan Kane said...

The parents of the toddler must have been comforted by their son's gift. I have also seen the walk of life. I cry each time.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Very touching. Thank you for the update!

Lisa said...

I’m a registered donor. Stories like this confirm my decision.
I praise those parents that can be so strong to allow their toddler to gift such a miracle.

From sunny NC
Lisa