Wednesday, August 21, 2024

 Old age

Pic of the day;

 Some of my fav. pictures of my girl...

Sherry on a Rock seat, I think near Rock City,TN (not sure)

She always made a pretty picture sitting in the Grass!

 For today…

When I tell my sweetheart we are getting old, she immediately corrects me, “No Honey, we ARE OLD!”  I guess she is correct, but I think we got here awful fast!!

She emphized it this week, her hip started hurting! Along with a finger she has ‘trigger finger’ on one hand, that is when a finge locks in  the folded position. She snaps it ope in the morning and it is good until she sleeps all night and there is is again.

And she has been petting me about my sorry shoulder so we now are sort of a concert of complaints. LOL

I am here just to let y’all and the family know we are in  NC for old peoples doctors appts then hopefully on to Pennsylvania to visit friends and try to see a play at Sight and Sound. I think this year it is Daniel…

I drove the 500 mile trip using mostly my left arm, with no problems.  Stopped twice for fuel then stopped and Sherry made us a deviled egg sandwich for a lunch break.

More later I hope.

 

Nite Shipslog

PS

 Thanks for reading and the comments, love you guys

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh, this is the truth - I was just wondering where you were - I hadn't heard anything from you in so long.
I am so glad you are okay.
Jack - we are all in stages of getting old. I think you and Sherry are AMAZING.
My husband has trigger finger too.
I hope you get a little better - have you gone to the doctors and asked for any physical therapies?
Have fun in PA!

HappyK said...

Nic to see a post from you. Lovely pictures!!

Mevely317 said...

Well, well, well ... do you read minds?
I was wondering how y'all were doing, where you were and hoping all was well. Whew!
Tom has the occasional trigger finger, too. The first year we were here he consulted a doc who gave him an injection of some kind (?) that provided relief for about a year.
Lifting a prayer right now about that 'sorry shoulder' and upcoming doctors' appointments.
Please don't be gone long!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad to see your post. I've been wondering what you all were up to. Old age isn't for sissies for sure! But we do find ways to get us moving each day. I know you love PA and have some friends there so I hope you can soon get away for your trip there. You both are always in my prayers and thought!

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to pull up the Shipslog and see you're blogging again. Sympathy on aches and pains for you two: we've had lots of rain here in Chobee, palm fronds blown down, (I've plenty of those!) I carried some very wet ones out to the burn pit and they were incredibly heavy, YIKES. I wrenched my thumbs on both hands and put my wristbands on to sleep without pain. Gradually they're returning to normal, thank God. Y'all take good care, hello to the boys! Love, Glenda

Susan Kane said...

I have missed you! You and Sherry are old just like we are! Aches and pains are part of our daily life. and going to the dr. appts are also in that mess. Be gentle on yourself.

Sheila Y said...

Glad to hear from you two. I think the shoulders and elbows take forever to heal. I hope you get relief soon. Prayers for wonderful results at the doctors. Take care, Sheila Y ❤️