Tuesday, August 10, 2010

House on the rock

This is going to be my last entry of the house on the Rock. I cannot get pictures loaded and when I do, sometimes the system goes off line and i lose them. What I have here is from the inside the Men's rest room (so unless you see them on here, you ladies won't see them.LOL) I looked up and saw this huge Grizzly.

Over head on one wall a Mountain lion was sneaking up on these Grouse.



Looking back above the door I had to go out, there was a huge Bob Cat and a Polar Bear.



Just outside the bathroom was another coin machine. Drop a token in and they sing or dance. There are hundreds of these things.


Here we walked upon a full size Royal Chariot.

About here you start smelling Pizza and start down a ramp around the out side walls. Looking over you see several full size hot air balloons.



These are more Copper kettle Drums.They are opperated as part of a larger Calliope.




We entered a section that had rooms for the Mill house. Now up here Mill house means a house that operates a Mill for grinding corn and other grains. Down South it is a House owned by the mill where workers live. Anyway, this is the kitchen. They also have a bedroom and a Volunteer fire department complete with the dog.




The House on the Rock is a great Tourist Attraction. A great trip and you should plan most of the day to walk thru it. It is divided upinto three separate areas. These are self guided tours.
#1 is about the creator, Alex JOrdon. His life and his accomplishments.
#2 Is the actual house built on the rock.
#3 Is the collections that are not incorporated in the other two tours. It is apparent he loved the Calliope, he collected so many from the small to the humungous.
Thanks for coming along,
Nite Shipslog
PS
No more house on the rock....


7 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Once again your endeavors to show us that beautiful astounding house are appreciated. Your connection sounds like mine is sometimes. I hate it when I have to start all over. It just depends on where I am as to how good my single is. I have an internet card that allows me to travel and still be connected.It's made by the same folks who provide my cell phone service.

shirl72 said...

All I can say is WOW. What an experience.
Thanks for my tour of the House on the Rock.

Shirl

Paula said...

I think I would like to see in the men's restroom. No no no guess not but I do like those wild animals. It was nice to get a take on Sherry's opinion about the old rancher's wife. He had lots of land and oil money so I still think it was a young one who talked him into making the plunge of marriage. lol

Y said...

Great tour. Thanks.

Fred Alton said...

That's a place on my agenda to visit on my first trip around the USA! You've made it very appealing with the pictures and description. Be safe.

Lucy said...

I do really enjoy the free ride of seeing all the sites. Only way to travel for me. Enjoy your travels.

Debbie said...

I think if I walked in a bathroom like that not expecting to be surrounded by wild animals I'd probably run for my life or mess my pants or maybe both that's unless of course I didn't have a heart attack on the spot and they'd have to carry me out on a stretcher. HAHAHA! Seriously though, I'm sure it would make it hard to concentrate on the task at hand. Makes me wonder what type of decor they have in the ladies bathroom. Interesting place that's for sure.