Tuesday, February 20, 2024

There will come a time…..

 So for today

There will come a time when memories are the most important thing in your life. I am not predicting an end, just that I have reached that point.  I needed to do something,  ,,,,,,    so I started a fire in the fire-pit.  I sat and just stared into the fire.  You may have done this with a fire, a waterfall or water cascade. Your mind sorta washes out of the present, and the past becomes clearer.


I saw beautiful pastoral sites I remember looking down from mountains at beautiful farms. I remembered the beautiful desert lands around Gila Bend.  Then I laughed at myself at a memory.  WE had decided to spend a few weeks wandering the desert.  Then the builder in me came out as I saw a new home going up in Gila Bend. It was ready for the roof and I saw that they were going to install an old style ‘Tile Roof!’ Excitedly I said to Sherry, “they will be putting that roof on in the next day or two, I have got to come and watch!” I had never seen this done.

As a builder in NC I know that installing the roof is almost the #1 priority, if you are slow rain is going to ruin a lot of dedicated work, so you get it done ASAP!

I am sure this is not the Gila Bend area, most likely Southern Utah. (but deserty anyway)

You live and learn, we were there near a month and still no roof (nor rain). It finally hit me in the month of January in Gila, you MIGHT get .25 inches of rain. LOL You can about get that in NC in a heavy frost. LOL LOL

At least I was smiling as my fire died,

As I sit here, still no get up and go, I still read you guys when I can and YES I do appreciate your comments, thoughts, prayers and concerns.,

Nite Shipslog

PS:  Thank all of you that read here. 

10 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I see a picture of a BIG GREEN bird - and her wings our outstretched and she has her youngins' under there. That is their roof- I think that is how God is for us.
Just thinking...

Mevely317 said...

Whatever the reason, I'm happy to hear you've a smile on your face. Yes, I find fire to be enormously engaging. Intriguing. Should'a been a firefighter, lol.

We had a tile roof at our home in Arizona; as a matter of fact, I was looking at a photograph of the exterior of that home earlier today. I think they're so pretty, but I don't miss living there.

Susan Kane said...

sitting by a campfire has the calming affect. There is even a tv site in the 800s that displays campfires or fireplaces.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I have commented here before but the comments disappeared.

God bless, Jack and Sherry.

Victor S E Moubarak

Glenda Hulbert said...

Ticket Trouble
A minister was pulled over for speeding. As the cop was about to write the ticket, the minister said to him, “Blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy.” The cop handed the minister the ticket and said, “Go thou and sin no more.”
From "The Book of Church Jokes," published by Barbour Publishing, Inc., Uhrichsville, Ohio. Copyright 2009. Used by permission of Barbour Publishing, Inc.

Love and hugs from Chobee, Glenda

yaya said...

I love sitting around a campfire. Soon we will be able to do that but still a bit chilly for me to hang out at night! It does calm the soul though. I hope you're feeling better and your energy comes back. Give Sherry a hug from us in Ohio!

Lisa said...

I love sitting around a fire pit. I get these same relaxing thoughts as I stare out into the ocean.

Heading to church
Lisa

Spare Parts and Pics said...

That's a beautiful sandstone arch. Someday I would like to visit southern Utah. Hope you both are doing better, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Woody said...

Hey down there !!! Hope things are OK with you 2 ! Just sitting here doing some Hand squeezing on a rubber ball I got at the Hospital to try to make hands stronger.
Monday is my Immunotherapy Therapy appointment with the Doc6or for review of Medications, aches and Pains, and quality of life !
Sending down Prayers from the North from me and Anna Mae !!

salemslot9 said...

❤️🔥🧡🔥💛