Thursday, September 3, 2026

Still in high gear, but I see a slow down

 Today was something else.


So for now:

My sweetheart is very happy with her lotion. MAGNI-life, KNEE PAIN RELIEF,  SOOTHING GET.  Most of her today was pain free.

BUT I had an encounter with a machine.  I am on the downhill drag to get the coach ready to sell. Basically, all that is left is to clean the carpet. No problem, I have rented units  for carpet cleaning many times. BUT never from a machine.

I saw the  rental units in a machine of doors. I waited inline and was told I didn't need to have done that just; use your Card and the machine will do the rest. HAHA

I plugged in my card, answered the 100 questions. it said that will be $49.  YOUR receipt is sent e-mail. Open the door, take the machine. THANK YOU.

The machine  doors would not open. A lady worker tried to help with no avail. "Let me see your receipt."  

"It is an e-mail"

"I know, just call it up on your phone."

"I don't have a phone."

"How do you get your e-mails?"

"I use a computer."

"You cannot carry the computer with you, you need a tablet of phone."

"No I need a paper receipt."  I said laughing.

She gave me a phone # to call when I got back to a phone.

NO e-mail,  no charge to my card yet, so I wait.  

I will go to Lowes in the AM and rent a machine from a HUMAN, I hope.  LOL

Before leaving the store I did our grocery shopping.  I still l cannot believe the cost of groceries for two people. I got 2 chickens  (as meat), no beef today, Mostly bread, coffee, veggies, cans, cheap red wine, eggs and milk, it was still $101.00

WE are on short water usage here, so I cannot wash the MH. But I did wash the wheels and shined them since I couldn't clean the carpet. Yesterday I used a bucket and rags to was and wax the front 6 feet of the unit.  It sure looks good.

Nite Shipslog

Life can be so much fun ( sometimes )

5 comments:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

This is a great example of how technology can backfire. And with AI being all the rage, it's going to become harder and harder to get a live human being when you need help with something.

NanaDiana said...

I hate those machine things where there is no person available to help..and I am pretty techy savvy with some things. I didn't realize you were selling your RV. I always think of you and Sherry in the RV...now I will have to re-think you, I guess. lol. Blessed Labor Day, Jack! Hugs and love-Diana

Susan Kane said...

I know our LR carpet is filthy. absolutely awful. We cannot shampoo it ourselves, but count on our Son in law but he is as busy as we are not. Hmm. Someday,.

Mevely317 said...

Well, darn! Modern technology is great -- until it isn't. I do wish customer service folks would realize not everyone carries a "smart" phone or tablet ... or doesn't want to scan a QR code.
I'm not familiar with MAGNIlife, but made a note. Thanks!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh, that makes me so angry when you go to get something and it misfires.
I could not agree with you more - $100 a week for two is what I pay too!