Saturday, February 6, 2010

Copying old movies

Over the years we have taken millions of pictures. Mostly moving pictures. I started with the 8mm camera. You had only three minutes of film, so I tended to rush the action. Most of the 8mm movies were jumpy and not very clear. Looking back I wish I had concentrated on family rather than sights. From the 8mm we went to the shoulder Video recorder. I liked the camera. It was big and bulky, but it made a very clear and steady picture. One Christmas, Mark and Corinne had the movies put on VHS. Of course there is no sound. It was a great Christmas present.

A couple years ago I transferred those VHS to DVD. Now most won’t play on our recorder. SOOOOO now I am back to transferring the VHS to DVD. Wow at the memories and fun.

Moto-cross racing, trips across country, pool parties. Birthdays and anniversaries. The Grand kids when they were little kids. WE have many shots at the Airport when Corey and Ben flew out from UTAH. And sad ones when they departed.

There are camping trips and just fun shots. Sherece doing a puppet show. The twins operating a model train. Ben and Corey on the different ‘rides’ at Ghost town.

Harris family reunion parties at Vernon’s ‘estate’. The Darnell’s get together (nothing as big as the Harris reunion) but still some good photos of our family.

Just a good time of memories. I must learn to extract some of the DVD shots and e-mail them to the kids.

Off the subject of movies. S'gar is being proofed. Sherry always proofs my books. She is great at it, she would prefer someone else proof them and let her read the book later. However I think she likes to read a book written by someone she has slept with!!!


I think she makes up some of these corrections. I couldn’t make over 3500 mistakes in one little book could I? She is very patient with me, and asks ‘Now what are you trying to say here?’ In my haste, I have left out a verb or a noun completely and the sentence makes no sense at all. Of course there is some advantage to having her proof them, I get a kiss and mabe a little touchy stuff at each BIG error correction. Ah Ha! Well worth making a mistake or ten.
Thanks for coming this way,
NIte Shipslog


PS:
From the Best Puns of the Year:A naive young lass was playing Trivial Pursuit one night. Itwas her turn. She rolled the dice and landed on "Science &Nature." Her question was, "If you are in a vacuum andsomeone calls your name, can you hear it?"


She thought for a minute or two and then asked, "Is it on or off?"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Jack you naughty boy. 3500 mistakes, lol??? Hmmmm...me thinks there is a method to your madness if you get cuddles as a result! Good going Sherry!! ;-))

betty said...

I agree with Rain; I think you have a purpose in making those mistakes :)

it is fun to look at old movies or pictures, isn't it? does bring back the memories for sure

betty

Anonymous said...

ONE OF MY DAUGHTERS IS A WHIZ AT PHOTOGRAPHY AND BRINGING OLD BLACK AND WHITE NEGATIVES TO AMAZING CLARITY AND MAKING SLIDE SHOWS. VERY ADEPT WITH RETOUCHING PHOTOS SO MUCH MUST ASK WHO IT IS.
SHE RESCUES ME FROM MISTAKES MADE BY PUNCHING WRONG BUTTONS OR GETTING THE SCREEN FULL OF STUFF THAT I CANNOT GET RID OF. sam

Paula said...

You do have Sherry on the pay roll too I hope?

Sheila Y said...

I hope to get our home movies on DVD...and scan all the pictures that were taken before digital came along. I still took pictures after digital, because I didn't quite trust it yet...ha. Have fun, Sheila

shirl72 said...

Pictures, Pictures, I love to look at them.
Remember when Dad brought some dresses home from
Garrison's and I was trying them on and when
I would come down to see it everybody like them
you would catch me fleeting by the door. I think
I had on a yellow dress and I would say "Don't take a picture of me". I know you have some
good ones. Oh good memories. Remember Dad love to have his picture made.

Shirl

Fred Alton said...

I loved the old 8mm videos we used to make. I sent numbers of them home from Adak, Alaska while I was posted there on isolated duty at the Loran station. We've lost all of ours because of moving. I've heard say - "Seven moves is equal to a burn-out" and I believe it. We've moved 14 times since Frances and I married and lost, broke or otherwise damaged lots of good stuff. Still, like the Happy Goodman's song, "I Don't Regret A Mile". :D