Saturday, September 7, 2024

Mind over matter


Pic of the day;

 

Vernon and the love of his life Janet.  Sadly she is now in Hospice care and headed for that reunion with the Old Soldier.

 For today…

It is hard to think there were homes different than mine.  My mama and dad cared for us and NEVER treated us kids mean.  Even spankings and switchings were ended with hugs.

I have said my mama was a GREAT cook.  I mean it, but one in the military I mentioned the mess hall chow was nothing like my mama’s. The mate beside me said, “Oh l know what you mean, this stuff is great my mama could burn water.”  We talked and he was serious.  TRUE!

I read of an obit that stated basically, “MY mom was mean, we are all glad she had left the planet.”

Now along that line, I have mentioned I have a great doctor, and I just saw his substitute because he was out of town. My friends, doctors are no different than any engineering degreed person. There are Doctors who are tops in their class, dedicated to serving humanity. Then there are the ones who pay and bluff their way thru classes. They are the partiers just like in any school.

And then there is the student who just barely passes the written stuff, but has the insight and common sense to be the better doctor than them all.

I often say about doctors, you do not know it, but some of these physicians were last in their class.  LOL

Now, about that power of suggestion. The fact my Dr. said I am anemic. ;-O …My BIL Vernon, a retired combat proven vet.  A Green Beret, Tough as shoe leather and survived two or three tours in Nam.  Once during a Dr. appointment, His ignorant doctor suggested he was probably in the early stages of Alzheimer's. He came home sat down and waited for a couple years.  He said, “I have it, I just don’t want to turn mean, I have seen too many who do.”

We visited him many times and I never saw a sign of Alzhiemers.  He finally passed due to live and kidney problems.

Now since my Dr. said I am anemic, I have felt tired, dizzy, uncomfortable.  LOL  I guess we all are subject to the power of suggestion.

Anyway. Sorry to waste your time.  BUT I wanted to thank you all for the suggestions and personal histories.  I am not too concerned.  I am still working, petting my shoulder, but staying busy.

A fer years ago we had a big tree fall near our picnic area. I did not want to move it, wo I trimmed the limbs and cut a dragon’s head on the main trunk. The grand kids have enjoyed it.  I just cut the dude’s head off and designed another. I am keeping both. I hope to figure how to put pictures on this blog. (I am forgetting a lot; so I am crazy and anemic LOL)

Thanks for reading, I appreciate you all.

 

Nite Shipslog

PS  Sorry for the length. I will cut back.

LOL  Thanks for all the comments, love you guys.

6 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The power of suggestion ... I suggest God loves you and will take care of you. And that's the truth.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

Mind over matter! Like Clint Eastwood, then Toby Keith famously sang, "Don't let the old man in." It's always GOOD to see y'all here in Blogland!

HappyK said...

I know my mom loved me and did her best but at times I was terrified of her.
I agree with Victor. :)

Chatty Crone said...

Yes, it's good to see you. My mom did her best too - not perfect, but perfect for me.

Sheila Y said...

Don’t cut back, we’ll read all you want to say. Prayers for Ms Janet and the family. Take care, Sheila ❤️

Anonymous said...

Amen