Sunday, October 27, 2024

Coffee Talks

 Pic of the day;

 

WE also enjoyed coffee at the Cafe' Du Monde in the French Quarter of New Orleans a few times. With Beignets of course!

 For today:

I fix the coffee in the evenings (unless I forget) Sherry fixes Breakfast about 19 out of 20 mornings. She fires up the Coffee Pot; the 8 cups which is really 4 cups. We enjoy one with breakfast. We enjoy breakfast without either of us playing with the net. I put the dishes in to soak.

Then we settle down to enjoy one more cup and just talk. Subjects range from when we first met, to friends, church, family or just us.  We wonder if a squabble between two of our grands will ever be settled.  We are concerned about the time we have left for this lifestyle.

Should we buy another home, again here in Florida?

Should we upgrade our coach?

Those two are iffy, because we cannot predict our health over the next 5-6 years.  I have NO problems driving this coach. I have never had a real close call due to my driving, even in cities. BUT that doesn’t mean I will be the same at 90 years old.

Any age, things are tough to predict, but your mid 80s? You can imagine the lines get blurred.  I certainly do not want to endanger my Love, or other innocents on the highway due to stubbornness.

We enjoy our time, and of course memories are much of our conversations.

Just a few days ago we met friends from our time (early 1960s) in Missouri. Two of the sweet daughters (of the 10 siblings) from the Conrad family. They were raised on a farm. It was such a joy to catch up on their family news. Most of it good, but like many families, there have been bumps that hurt. The oldest son Harry (one of my heroes) is very sick in a VA Hospital from things suffered in Nam. The girls were there to assist in his care.  They took time to drive up to 'Yee Haw Junction' (Yes that is a town name!) for a meet.

Of course, this morning's coffee talk was about that. You that have mates, I hope you can have those sweet times…

 Nite Shipslog

PS 

Thanks for all the comments. Sherry’s BD is coming up. For the first time in many years, when I asked her what she would like, she paused most of the day then said, “A Purse!”  Can you imagine ME picking that out?  LOL I will take her to the store.

 

No comments: