Sunday, October 20, 2024

I THINK this will work

  A picture from the Past.

 

Kids on the streets in Toronto, Italy 1960s (?)

For Today:

We are now settled in the Eustis area of Florida.  Eustis is about 30 miles north of Orlando.  Damage here was minimum. We were able to get a 3 week reservation, but so far that is all.  In an emergency we can stay in son Mark’s driveway.

Life is very confusing to an old man. I think I have about 300 secret passwords now.  Something on an update wiped out all my sites along with pass words.  Shucks, I might have caused it my own self.  Example: every time someone hands me their phone and says, “Look at this!” what they were going to show me mysteriously just heads for the moon, I guess.  LOL

I want to ask Victor if they have bad storms in the UK, such as our hurricanes?  The reason I asked I ‘think’ I read about a bad storm headed for the northern area of the UK.

I do know that the North Atlantic is one rough ocean.  Many years ago, my ship, an aircraft carrier, was dwarfed by some giant seas. The waves seemed to be 50-70 feet. They came over our bow and it stood at about 50-60 ft.

Anyway, now that we are in Florida, they have found a few more baby hurricanes down in the Caribbean and over off the African shore headed this way.  We will stick around to see what direction they fly.

Hope all of you are doing well. I hope I can get back in line and catch up.

Missed the blogging, but I was afraid I would get used to it and head for FB. ;-)

NiteShipslog

PS: 

AGAIN THANKS to y’all for stopping by the Shipslog. It is nice to know that folks read this stuff.

 

 

 

4 comments:

yaya said...

Hi Jack and Sherry! I'm glad you are OK and have a safe haven for now. Hopefully something else will open up for you to stay. My brother in Fort Myers weathered the storm and had only one tree go down so that's good. We may try and go see him around February. Watch out for those storms and be safe!

Susie said...

Jack, Stay alert and be safe. It's been a horrifying storm season. I fear some places will never be able to recover. Keeping all in my prayers. xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

Well maybe they will get some more openings and let you stay longer. That cute little girl looks Italian with your boys - right?
Sorry you lost your passwords - but they are dangerous to have on your computer. I have a little book right next to my desk with my passwords and there is a lot. Get an address book and write them in there.

Sheila Y said...

I guess I need to check the weather. Glad things weren’t bad there. Hopefully something will open up so you can stay. Take care, Sheila ❤️