Sunday, September 6, 2026

Coach is ready to sell and listed on FB marketplace

 Picture of the day:











Now for today:

Our personal things are cleared out of the coach. I cleaned it good and the carpets are shampooed.  It is now listed on FB Market Place.


Now for MY news. I had planned to hike the AT at the age of 88, but guess what?
The dude who is a great hiker and hiked the trail at 82 years of age, just completed the hike AGAIN at the age of 91.  Shucks, he is a great guy, trail name of 'Grey beard.'  He fell 71 times, 6 serious and spent time in the hospital. left the trail once to go home because his wife's father passed away; he returned to finish.

Here he is just less than a mile from the finish of his 2,193 mile hike.  I smiled when I saw that picture and could not wait to show it to Sherry.





This picture shows he is climbing on to the top of a BIG rock. In this picture, he is standing on the top rung of a re-bar ladder.  imbedded into the rock so hikers can climb up the rock. The top of the rock is sorted rounded and about eight feet by 8 ft on its top. Around the boulder to his right is fairly land, and it heads on up the ridge  to the summit of Mt. Katahdin in Maine and the Northern terminus of the AT.
How do I KNOW this?  Sherry and I were in our 60s or 70s and had already climbed up to the top of Mt. Katahdin.


pic

 On the way down we came to the spot where Greybeard is in that photo.  One side is straight down. we eased around the boulder then Sherry and I sat there; she was leaning against that very boulder to his right. The other side ahead of him was about a 200 ft. drop. MY girl was scared to death. She was refusing to TRY to go down.

Of course we got down, I talked, urged and pleaded with her, we threw our backpacks down to the next level.  and then I got into the position Greybeard is in this shot (except I was going down he coming up).  She rolled over on her stomach and slid toward me as I eased down the rebar ladder, placing her feet on the top rung, once she felt the ladder she was a little relieved and followed me on down.  There is more to the story, of course, but we did make it down the mountain. the climb up and back took us many hours, almost 24 hours.  LOL
It is against the rules, hikers cannot spend the night on that mountain.  So we had to get back down. WE did come close.  LOL...
This is it for tonight. I am beat (I feel like I'm on Katahdin again). Tomorrow is going to be just fun.  I hear it is a holiday...  Tomorrow is today I guess.

Nite Shipslog 





5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh Jack. What an awesome story. If I was ever to buy an RV, I would not hesitate to buy yours - you are the most honest man, I know and I know how hard you work Hope it sells fast.

Mevely317 said...

She's so purty, Jack! I could live in a coach like that, but everyone knows I'm too chicken to try and drive something like it.
Your account of Mr. Katahdin makes my knees go weak!

HappyK said...

Good luck selling it. Looks fabulous.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I am thoroughly impressed with your hiking story and picture of ou on Mt. Katahdin, and that other fellow on his way to the top. YIKES! I would never have even attempted it, so I am so amazed at you and your dear Sherry for doing that. Wow. As for your RV, it is beautiful! We could never drive such a beauty as that, but it looks like a lovely home to live in even if you never move it again. I hope it sells to someone who will appreciate all the loving care you put into it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You are both very brave.
God bless you always.