Tuesday, December 12, 2023

I’m a Believer

  Photo of the day

Remember the Monkees?

So for today:

Some folks think that because I served this country in the military is why I still believe it is still a country of laws and has more good folks than bad.  I DO NOT and will not believe that as a whole this country has gone to pot.

However there are truths that hit me and I find it hard to imagine. Examples:

In my early 40’s I started hearing that crooks were stealing mail, ‘checks’ from Rural Mail boxes.  WHAT? That is a Federal Offense, DON’T THEY KNOW THAT?

Then a month ago the headlines in the Charlotte Observer was: Postal Workers charged with stealing over $21 MILLION while processing mail in Charlotte, NC.  WHAT? Some of the most desired jobs available are Postal. The USPS workers do WORK, but have great benefits. The pay is good, WHY JEPARDIZE  a great job?

I know former postal workers who would not have taken a $50 bill if it was hanging from a torn envelope.

Now I read that somewhere in Wyoming two men are charged with killing over 3,000 Eagles to sell the feathers and wings on the Black Market! I wouldn’t even shoot a Red Bird with my BB gun because it was a STATE BIRD!

That is just a few things I find hard to wrap my mind around.  That we have folks that devious.

 THEN I THINK….. But they do get caught, maybe not all, BUT our laws DO WORK.  Not fast enough for some of us, BUT THEY WORK!

Do you ever THINK how I (and you) know this stuff? Do you know that in 1965 I would not know 1/100th of the things I know now, because we have 24hr a day NEWS casts. In 1950 part of the Texas coastline could have been destroyed by a hurricane and I would not have known it for weeks.  NOW I can see a reporter standing in the winds as it HITS!  WE have instant news and then the net to make it even more immediate.

IF one is interested you can even 'know' what clothes the rich and famous are wearing this morning, even what they ate last night, if you like.

Cops get a bad rap. HONEST officers of the law:

In New York,  Woody, young Police officer just out of the USN

Capt. Claude Setzer family friend not long out of the USMC, in Belmont, NC

BUT despite it all I still believes that over all our salesmen are honest, over all, our leaders are honest, our police forces are honest even most of our Priests and Preachers are honest.  I believe ours and your grandkids, if the world stands, they will ‘OVER ALL’ do well, have a good work ethic and BELIEVE.

IF you are a DOUBTER I ask you to look around you; have your neighbors gained your trust? I still BELIEVE in the end the GOOD GUYS will win. Just ask Roy and Gene!

 

Nite Shipslog\

PS !: Just ask Roy and Gene! That is Roy Rogers and Gene Autry.  I remember their movies….

 

PS:. Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again….Believe if you don’t believe, Give it a try!

3 comments:

happyone said...

I think most people are honest and law abiding. The others get a lot more attention, though I do believe things are getting worse and worse. It seems the more we move away from God the worse it gets.

My mom and step dad both worked in the post office. My mom sorted the mail and SD delivered. (Northern NJ)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

"It seems the more we move away from God the worse it gets."

Happyone said it best.

God bless.

Lisa said...

I believe America is better than anywhere else but yes, it’s going to pots. However, I keep believing there are more good people than bad people. We just only hear about the bad. Can you imagine how much difference it would make if they would broadcast all the good news instead of the bad? It may change attitudes and people will want to be good to make the news instead wanting to be bad to make the news.

Just rambling here
Lisa