Wednesday, December 13, 2023

The Good byes keep coming

 Photo of the day



        The Right Reverend Max Wayne Carter, a good friend, I introduced him to you back in August.

So for today:

We said good by to a close friend on the 13th.  Pastor Wayne Carter of Eustis, FL.

When we bought a place in Tavares Florida, one of our priorities in moving is finding a church were we feel we could fit in.   We visited several places one was Praise Cathedral. I could hear and understand the pastor which is one of the priorities. As we were leaving the usher asked if we were new to the area. I told him we were just looking around for a church.  He smiled and said very warmly, “Then you will be back!”  He was right.

That became a great relationship with Brother Wayne and his wonderful family. He touched our hearts in so many ways, I must say other than my dad, he was the best pastor I can remember. Also as I joked with him, it is nice to have a pastor older and wiser than I.

He was a late friend but a dear one.  In his early life he was a Race car Driver.  He loved stock cars and did very well until he met the Lord and he began a dedicated life.  He organized and built the Praise Cathedral and pastored it for 40 years.

When Katrina hit the Gulf Coast The Carters traveled with us in the RV to see the damage and see how we could help. We located a place needing help that we could do, arranged a trip back to be of assistance.

As life goes, Wayne lost Juanita, the love of his life. He was so lonely and depressed.  Later he called us and said, “I have found some Joy in for my life!  I have met an old friend from the past, the sweet Joyce!”  They later married and were a good match.  Many folks do not understand your family can bring comfort, but others need more. Wayne has a loving family but he needed someone to share the lonely evenings with, Joyce was an excellent choice for them both.

BUT as I have said many times that second love doesn’t last long, the years will always take one or the other.  He will be missed, but now he has reached that final destination.

RIP Wayne,  we will be along shortly.

Nite Shipslog

 PS:. Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again…. We all should seriously think of that time and make it as easy as possible on those left.

6 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

May he rest in Peace.

Praying for you all. God bless.

yaya said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your good friend and Pastor. I'm sure he's in a place with love and joy and family and friends. I've always said I love the hellos but the goodbyes are tough. I hope you can find comfort knowing he was a good Christian man and your memories of him will always be in your heart. Hugs to you and Sherry and I hope you are warm and comfy down there!

Mevely317 said...

What an emotional blow! I'm truly sorry for your loss, Jack. I'm often comforted by something a sailor once told me: "As we say in my country, 'Arrivederci.' (Until we meet again.) Not so final as your 'goodbye.'"

happyone said...

So sorry for your loss.
We are blessed to have a wonderful Pastor at our church. He is a great friend too. A man of God who lives what he preaches.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Saying those goodbyes is never easy. No matter how long you have known them, if they are close to your heart. Finding anyone older than me is a rarity these days. I have known our Pastor for many years, but he is younger than me. Only God knows who will have to say goodbye. I figure that if we die, our work on earth is finished. Looks like your friend has done all he was meant to. May he rest in eternal peace.

Lisa said...

Oh, I hate to read you lost another friend. None of us are promised tomorrow. I am only in my 50s and I see so many of my school friends passing away. It gives an erie feeling. We are not far behind them.

Hanging on
Lisa