Saturday, August 1, 2026

Ideas, yeaah right?

 




Above is Corporal Dallas Fletcher from a foreign Country: Pennsylvania!



Friends of mine


For today, I think!

I had an idea when I sat down, but it has flown.  This happens more often than in the past.

Nuts to you... No,  Nuts for me!  I have loved nuts since I was a kid. Probably from 4 yrs old to 6 yrs old when Granny died. She always reached into her 'bosom' to get her change   purse, a small thingee with a twist snap top; she always found me a nickel.  I would run to a little shack that sold snacks and buy a little container of salted nuts. That little container always promised a coin inside every pack, 1 to 25 cents.  Of course it was always a penny. ;-),

The coins were not new either. I look back at what I have been told  that coins have more germs attached than most things.  WHY didn't all us kids get sick and die?  Don't get me wrong, I am glad I did not, ;-0.  As a kid I did swallow a couple coins! ;-)

ANYWAY, now my choice of nut is Honey Roasted.  I eat both p-nuts and almonds at night. I guess I eat about a 1/4 cup (as I am now, as I type)

YES, I AM TYPING. I do actually use two hands instead of one finger, but I still look at the keys, more than the screen, at times I look up and see nothing is on the screens, LOL

I never took Typing in school. I had to learn fast, when I was forced to use a 'typewriter' at a USAF job at MARS (Military Affiliated Radio Stations).  I did get a lot of strange looks when asked, I said, " I work at MARS!" 

I was supposed to type every message I received. To be honest most messages more than one line,  I wrote long-hand, then typed it off line

In this life I have did a lot of crazy things. I was trained as an Analog Computer repairman. Then when the world went Digital  I was trained as a Digital Repairman. Later I went to IBM School in D.C. And became an IBM repairman. 

 I have a sweet brilliant grandson, Josh, who programs and repairs software problems. I once told him, "I have fixed many computers and had no idea how I did it!" 

He made me feel so good once when he said, "Grandpa, I have done the same thing in Software repairs!"

Okay, that is my entry. I was going to write a brilliant post.

Love to all.

Nite Shipslog

PS: As I finished this I thought to two guys I do so admire,  Both have health problems, both from my long time past. Not sure if you will read this, but Buddy and Dallas tonight I wish you well,  Memories of you bring a smile...


After a lot of work I think pictures appeared... I am confused




4 comments:

HappyK said...

My favorite nuts are cashews and pecans and eat them quite often.

Mevely317 said...

Hey, Jack ... I've one of those little purses with the snap top that belonged to my mother. Sweet! I don't remember salted nuts with $ inside, but now that you mention about germs ... eeeew! That never crossed my mind. I love nuts, too, and usually keep a jar of dry roasted (unsalted) in the pantry. Wish they were honey roasted!

Chatty Crone said...

What a sweet memory of your dear grandma.
I agree about the coins - but kids are crazy.
Everything is bad for them.
I like honey roasted too.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I get unsalted nuts, I like walnuts and pecans best.. You do have some wonderful memories. Grandmas are very special people !