Sunday, August 16, 2026

tomorrow AM, on the road again....


This is the latest RV driver.  This is Oliver Jack at the wheel of the RV:



Today during lunch, Son Jack Jr .(Ollie's Grandpa)  sneaked him out in the RV for this shot. I like it.

For today... 

For the first time in our long, sweet marriage, we are not in full agreement on travel.  Sherry is pretty much ready to settle down, she says.  Now if I WAIT until a very cold part of the winter, (And keep the RV READY to hit the road) I think I can trick her into getting on the road AGAIN, AFTER this trip.  LOL  SHHHHH!

I still think I can drive a couple more years without any trouble.  We are sorta going to use this trip as a test of my driving.  So Imma going to be on my best behavior.  ;-)

We have a couple options.  There is a crazy family situation of Florida property. WE bought a nice mobile home in Leesburg. In a good area and with a few hundred feet of Lake Eustis. Son Mark wanted to buy it.  So he paid us cash for it.  After a couple years he wanted to sell it back to us, because he was moving back to NC and his kids and Grand kids.

So we had the property moved back to our names.  WE have not paid him for the place yet,   He does not want the $$ until he is ready to build up here.  So the money is available, but drawing interest for us. LOL

So we still have an option without an RV; we could become real Snow Birds (the local name for folks who head south like the birds, when cold weather approaches.)  Therefore, we can keep this place and use it.

BUT I am thinking it would be better to find a fixer-upper  around Palatka (North of here) or something in North Florida.

She has a real worry about fixer uppers as being too much on me.  She knows I must stay busy and I am in my element with a fixer-upper.

The fixer upper must have enough property to park a motor home.   Yeah, I still want the RV.  The last fixer upper we bought was in Deltona.  It worked out great.

Anyway we hit the road in the AM hopefully after work traffic, I won't fix breakfast in the morning, just coffee we will stop someplace in SC for a breakfast snack and break.

Today we had the pleasure of Grandson Joshua and his beautiful wife Megan and their great kids, Olliver Jack and Rosie.  here for lunch.  They had other plans when we had the rest of the family out  at the steak house a week or so ago.  So this made up for it.  

Josh is the Brain.  I had a chance to ask him questions about this   big AI thing. I learned a little and baked up my own thinking.  He says the parent company of the one he works for is pushing them more and more to use AI.

I don't plan of entering that level, but it is good to know a little more about it.

We had a great time.

Y'all take care.

Nite Shipslog 

(I hope I a following a yellow line as you read today)

No comments: