MOTOCROSS in Cuba
We enjoyed about 4 years living aboard the USN station GITMO bay Cuba. The boys raced Moto cross. I have a funny story of how we got the bikes to GITMO. Maybe later.
BUT so for today:
Over all, today went well. It is amazing how 'a very short action' is so complicated for which to prepare. It took almost an hour to prepare me for a few 'seconds' of radiation.
BAD hearing caused me to THINK that some form of eye drops were going to be used to prevent damage to my eye by the radiation. Those special 'eye drops & solutions I purchased at the pharmacy were NOT replacing the lead that would prevent damage to my eye, BUT they were only lubricants and deadening drops, to make the insertion of lead or other preventers, less painful.
They inserted materials around the 'eyeball' before the actual radiation was activated. AND YES, it was definitely a tough time to endure. :-(
But good doctors have decided this was the most effective path for preventing the spreading of the Merkel Cell Carcinoma.
I do hope and pray the radiation worked it's miracle. I am not sure if I could have handled that insertion around my eyeball for 25-30 applications, as the Dr. prescribed.
AND NOW that action is over! I still think my approach is logical; so now, maybe I will be able to aggravate my sweetheart a few more years to the 100 mark. LOL
Thanks to EVERYONE for the support, love and prayers. I have been very blessed; after this entire few month's process, I just took a pain pill, the first I have needed. That is only due to the aggravation at my eye due to the insertion of the materials to prevent damage to my eye, a very small price to pay to save my sight in that eye.
Nite Shipslog
PS: And they also said, DO NOT SCRATCH THAT AREA IF IT ITCHES!!!
I am not scratching, but I sure am rubbing pretty regularly. LOL
%20019.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment