A care free sailor. sitting in the safety nets around the flight deck of the USS Independence CVA62, in the Mediterranean Sea. Sherry and I were up on technology, we were now communicating with cassette tapes, and I could hear her voice, She sounded wonderful, even thousands of miles away! In the safety net no one could hear her but me!
That from the past, now today!
WE need the rain, however our deck at our favorite swing needed repair. About $80 of lumber and a few hours I finished with one screw left, when the rain came.
Yeh, I did get all the tools in and cleared the area.
I cannot help but think of my life, and possibly leaving my sweetheart. ME and EVERYONE else says what I say, "NO one can say when this life will end. Yeah I KNOW that. But when someone who is of the medical profession gives you a date, you pause and THINK!.
Of course the pastor says, "Bro. Jack, you will leave this world when HE is through with you and not before!"
An answer I would and did expect. What else can he said?
Honestly, and I MEAN this, "I really do not care!" That may be hard to understand, but I can say that. AS a matter of fact, it is easy to say. At present I do not have a pain in my body that is life threatening. Now, I might say different if I was suffering as some folks are.
But LOGIC tells me, prepare for what future you have, so I plan to. I am thinking of my sweetheart and what she will have to live on when I am gone. I need to check with SS to see how much her SS will increase. I hear she can draw off mine. I get a little more than she at present.
Anyway I am thinking of the future MUCH DIFFERENT than I did 2 weeks ago when I thought I had a simple 'skincancer', LOL
Love you guys
NIte Shipslog


1 comment:
Look my friend ... all I can add to what you have said is that I am praying for you, Sherry and your family. I hope that helps a little. Trust in God. He has never let me down.
God bless.
Post a Comment