Saturday, October 8, 2011

Some things I really like

YEAH!

(I love this guy!)

Driving home one evening we were blessed with such a beautiful dark cloud hiding the sun. But as you know the sun will not allow one cloud to hide it’s brilliance it throws beautiful rays and a sliver lining around the cloud. I started thinking of the beautiful shot Linda the BRBoomer had on her blog. I thin thought how much I liked what I was seeing. So I said:

Honey I really like those rays and the silver lining.

I like to hold a baby, one who snuggles.

I like to think of my grand children, they are scattered and they are all unique, even the twins. I get the ‘warm fuzzies’ with thoughts of them.

I like old cars. They don’t have to be restored, I like old junk cars too.

I like camp grounds.

I like Rangers, they are special folks.

I like volunteers, they are also special folk.

I like to fix stuff.

I like driving a motor home.

I like looking at tractor and trailers and wonder about the driver and what he is hauling.

I like truckers, they are special folk too.

watch it buster

I like some folk that even upset me.

I like most campers, usually very friendly and helpful, some too helpful, but I still like them.

I like animals, admiring  squirrels is fun.

I like butterflies. I wonder if they have any rhyme or reason of where they are going, they just flit here and there.

I like the smell of coffee and salt air.

I like to fish, and eat our catch.

I like to cook sometimes.

I like to sleep late.

I like to hear from old friends.

I like to think of friends of years gone by: Tuck, Buddy, Ray Sides, Sonny Turner, Edgar Milhollan, Jim Page,  Bub Page, Guy Abee, Newt,  Kenneth Woods, Sam Waters, Harold Woods, Betty,  Peter David Hunt, Neil Williamson and I had just one friend in High School can’t think of his name now, ain’t that terrible?

I like to think of my time in each branch of the military, first the USMC, then the USAF and finally the USN.

I like to think of someplace else to go.

I like to think of another cruise.

I like to think that one day I will take Sherry to England and let her see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, then we both go someplace new like Ireland and Scotland.

I like to think of sharing the island of Corfu with her, she has heard so much about it from me.

done in

(But I had better stop for now!)

I like a million more things what do you especially like?

Nite Shipslog

PS:

.

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!
-- Pericles (430 B.C.)

 

Today’s car:  Again the ‘41  Pickup

1941 plymouth pickup

sadder

Why can’t I ride in the back????

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like some folks who have upset me also. Some I work at liking to be a better person as well.

Now that I live by the beach I enjoy my coffee with my salt air every day. ~Mary

jack69 said...

Shirl said:
This refused to post!

I like most things and people. I pray that God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do and the eyesight to tell the difference. Hee hee

love U
Shirl

betty said...

I liked reading your list of likes, Jack, and I liked all the pictures of the little ones; too cute! I like that I know you and Sherry in this little cyber world :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I like to think, that life would get better if more people would like it more.

Me, well, currently like to listen to the silent house, and the clock ticking away, hour by hour. Most of the times it keeps me from sleep as well.
Please have a good Sunday you all.

TARYTERRE said...

I like what you like, by and large. It was a wonderful list. I hope that someday you'll be able to take your beautiful bride to England, Ireland, Scotland and the island of Corfu. Take care.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your list of likes and the adorable pictures are something to like for sure. Isn't it wonderful that you like so much. I think your likes are like the blessings I count that seem endless somedays. There is much to like in this world of ours. Hope you both have a wonderful Sunday. It's early in the morning here but it's going to be a beautiful day!

Lucy said...

I like the same things you do. I like the United States and all of her problem, cause they will get fixed. I like that if I live till the 16th of Nov. I will be 82 The older you get the more you appreciate life. May I list one thing I don't like, Insurance companies that make my life miserable, like the first cup of coffee in the morning. I like Joe and Spunky and all my family.

Fred Alton said...

Jack - I liked this post! I LOVED Shirl's response to it! haha.