Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Soon to be 80 years old



 
Automobile’s of Art:
 1982 Chevrolet S-10
......and now:
There are plans. We are at our home in Deltona. Jack Jr is down from NC for a week. Son Mark came over from Port Richie for a couple days. I guess we are celebrating the fact that I have struggled thru life, fighting roaches, disease, pestilence and fire ants. I have finally made it to my 80th year.
When I was about 2 dad installed an inside toilet. A first in our family, something to brag about. But I was told that I aggravated my older brother Jr so much he said, “Mama I’m gonna flush Jackie down that new commode.”
My wife has set my 80th as the day I am officially old. She should know, she is already past that mark. But she contends she has raised me right, so I should pass the test with flying colors.

(This is me, about 2 years before we were married..... I think???)
 (So now you know why she married me, I was so stinking cute! I had hair and stuff before we married too!)

They all have plans, but I would prefer an all-night love fest with sex and stuff  celebrating with my sweetheart. And YES Rick. For you and the retired cop Woody, I still remember it, but like Betty White said, “I forgot who ties up whom!”  So I am going to ‘google it’, study and prepare for our 65th wedding anniversary night in a few years.  On later thinking maybe 30 minutes of cuddling with my sweetie!

Sorry for the side track. Age is a strange bird. Yes, I know I was born in 1939. But I declare I still think like I am 20, I THINK?!!?? I am sitting here thinking and typing like I would have at a much earlier age. BUT it is that stinking physical thing that gets in the way.

This younger generation has made the stairs steeper. Even somehow made trash is heavier. The Lord knows they didn’t need to make concrete blocks and sheets of plywood heavier, but they did.

My forgetter still works good, always has, just ask my girl. But I had better close before I forget how to do that.

Nite Shipslog

10 comments:

betty said...

I don't see you or Sherry ever being "old". I might have mentioned that before. It is good that your boys will be with you and Sherry to help celebrate your 80 young years of life! Keep thinking young and you will act young I think! My mind says I'm 40, but my body likes to remind me a lot that I'm 61 :)

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I thought I would be the first one to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, but I am not, but happy birthday anyhow.

I know what you mean - my mind is so much younger than my bodies.

You are not old either!

Jean said...

Happy Birthday Jack!! Remember you're as young as you feel

TARYTERRE said...

you're young at heart. happy birthday.

Lisa said...

Old age comes at a bad time. Just when you know everything, you forget it.

“It’s not the age, it’s the mileage”
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy 80th year another trip around the sun. Another new adventure to celeberate ! Glad the boys could make it in to celebrate with you ! They say if we are still here, we have a job to yet to do. Life is not over and you will co plenty I'm sure! You and Sherry have had quite a lot of fun on your journey and I'm wishing many more Happy Days to come!

Mevely317 said...

Tom joins me in wishing you a very HAPPY Birthday wishes! And of course, happy 'fiscal' New Year! That's a stinkin' adorable photo you shared!

So neat that Jack and Mark chose to participate in whatever festivities you deem fitting. (Ha!) I can't wait to see what's in store in your upcoming chapter!

Dar said...

You managed another year gracefully, even through the tough times. Bless ya as you embark on another, I'm certain, great year ahead. You'll continue to be the multi-pro at everything, continue sharing your wonderful and eventful stories of your lives together, and continue your huge smile that embraces all of us. Happy BDay dear friend. We're so glad we got to meet those many years ago.
loven'hugs to you both from our chilly northcentral WI home to your much warmer home. Have a blast with your youngin's

Glenda said...

In a world of ordinary people, you're an "extra" ~ EXTRAORDINARY spouse, dad, grand and great granddad, an extraordinary friend with an extra special talent for making others happy to know you. Here's wishing you an extraordinary 80th birthday and the best year you've ever had!!!

Woody said...

Everyone tells me "You are only as Old as you Feel" OR "Old is as Old Does" !!! The BEST I have heard is "The Older the Violin, The Sweeter the Music" ! I think you are awesome, having followed you on this here Blog, You Sir have been truly "Blessed" ! Your Beautiful Wife, Your Travels, experiences, and things you have done are amazing, Keep it up !!!!!!! Take Care and Enjoy your Birthday !!!! Gary and Anna Mae