Sunday, March 5, 2023

Sunday, remembering FUN

 Cousin Dewey out in Las Vegas sent me these this morning.  

First the anniversary of the Famous Doolittle Raid of WWII.  These men too a task of flying on a one way mission.  They all knew the mission was so long they would never return in those planes. They had only enough fuel for a one-way trip.  It was a Costly success but  changed the course of World War II.  Take time to remember family members who served this country during that Great WAr. 




Yes I can remember things that were fun too during that time.


Hey Y'all, every group needs a lead singer!


And Did YOU ever swing HIGH! (This photo made me feel it)


And Did you like to JUMP?

We hope you have a great sunday, remember those who sacrificed for our country, but also remember they brought the freedom to have fun also.

From North Carolina,

Night Shipslog



7 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I think life is meant to be fun. Too much seriousness can spoil a day. Loved the pictures of the swings! I used to feel likee I was flying when on a swing, going higher and higher! Good memories for today. Thanks always for the fun!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I checked my Health and Safety book. These days you cannot stand on a swing like that in case you fall. You cannot use skipping rope in case you trip. You should hold a glass of milk with both hands in case you spill it. You do not cry over spilt milk because it proves you did not follow Health and Safety Regulations.

God bless.

Chatty Crone said...

Jack, was that you singing and jumping? ☺☺☺

Mevely317 said...

I remember swinging as high as I might ... even trying to make the poles (that secure the set to the ground) jump. Nowadays, my knees hurt just looking at these images!

Lisa said...

Oh yes, I remember swinging like this. We were always little dare devils. I also remember our swing set would “pump” if we got too high because it was not cemented in the ground. Many times we about flipped that thing. The neighbors swing set was cemented in the ground so we could go as high as we could. Great memories.

Lisa

Woody said...

Sounds like good news on the new Home on Wheels !! Can't wait to see Pictures of it ! Take Care ! Sending down Good Vibes and Love: Gary and Anna Mae

yaya said...

How brave those men were who put country above all else. So grateful for our WWII veterans. My Dad drove a Sherman Tank and lived to tell the tale. When I saw those swings I absolutely remember flying like that! In fact I felt my stomach take dip just looking at the photos! Swinging on a swing now makes me motion sick! Take care Jack and Sherry!