Wednesday, March 22, 2023

The on and off button, where did it go?

Cars and animals:


Okay come on Tom, mama said I could drive!

 Some thoughts for today:

The biggest complaint my girl has is, “Why don’t things just have an on and off button anymore?”

Of course I agree with her.  Example, bought a new TV lately? I think the last one we bought and set up took at least 30-45 minutes just to get it started.

Well now we have a newer combination microwave/ convection oven:

 

 and a ‘Splendide’ washer/dryer combo.  

Yes we have owned and operated both types of units before with little or no problem. Now we scratch our heads just to pop popcorn.  I will try not to talk about the Splendide, with 2,335.2 various programs to wash 8 lbs of clothes.

However her little ice maker has three buttons: Power and two size buttons, small and large. Sherry is hooked on ice, she has a glass most of the time with ice to ‘crunch.’ This is the ice maker:

It makes nine of these pieces in about 8 minutes:

I took this pic after the second dump, it will fill this basket in about an hour. This is one 'piece' (not cube of course). it is sorta like a small cup:

So far it has kept her in ice and ‘mama is happy with that!’  The refrigerator in this coach is small compared to our last ones. An ice maker takes up about ¼ of the freezer space, so we prefer his to putting an ice maker in the present refrig.

I am in the process or repairing the Spendide washer. The little washer/dryer is a very good machine (normally).  It will wash the clothes, spin them, and dry them all in one operation, if you like. However, The load is something like one pair jeans and underwear, very small loads.

The unit is compact and like everything in an RV is jammed in its small nook and is no fun to pull, get thru narrow doors to work on. I found a pump and it is on order. I will not pull this Splendide out of its hole until I get the pump or know it is to be delivered that day.

Enough for me. Sherry and Evelyn are at Bible Study, I am beat.  Seems to be my situation lately,

Thanks for stopping by…

Nite Shipslog

PS

10 comments:

salemslot9 said...

Sometimes I take the whole top shelf
of our freezer for ice cube trays & bin.🍹
You’re a trooper Jack.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You never have a dull moment there. Always something new to fix. Hope the pump works out the problem!. No wonder you are tired. Try to get some rest while you are waiting for it to come!

Mevely317 said...

I never would have guessed there would come an invention to wash and dry, all in one. Or, that someone could make ice "outside the box." Too cool!

Chatty Crone said...

Honestly just moving from our house which was big - to this apartment has driven me nuts. I do not think I could do it Jack - but Kudos to you - you have been doing it for awhile. It is a combo washer and dryer?
And I like ice too! Good luck.

Lisa said...

I’m not a big ice chomper but I do like the little pellet ice in my sweet tea. I drink my water at room temperature. Iv’e alway heard that if you crave ice, your low in iron.
I can imagine it will take you a while to get settled in the new home but I bet its’s fun.

Feeling somewhat better in NC
Lisa

My Tata's Cottage said...

I do love ice in my water! Today's gadgets and appliances are unreal, you need a rocket scientist and an engineer to program anything. I miss the good ole days...simplicity. You all take care. LOve all the photos and the pup is so sweet.

Woody said...

"Never A Dull Moment" when it comes to an RV ! I am sure you will have everything 'Jury Rigged" and "Discombobulated" and "Shipshape" . I agree from having owned several Campers and trailers that there is no extra room or space around things to work, everything is compact and tightly put in Place.
Enjoyed seeing all the Photographs ! Take care and don't overdo !!!! Sending down love and Prayers from the North! Gary and Anna Mae

Anonymous said...

I have invented a machine that will wash and dry all your clothes as you are wearing them. Shirt, trousers, underwear even hat. You enter a cubicle and you're sprayed with hot water and soap and then blow dried with hot air. I tried it myself yesterday ... nearly drowned and had to be rescued. Needs a little work to reach perfection.

God bless.

VIC M Washrooms Inc. http://timeforreflections.blogspot.com

P.S. Makes ice cream too.

pg slot asia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
วิธีการเข้าเล่น PG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.