Friday, May 17, 2024

My Opinion..

 Pic of the day:

 (The twins got into my closet)


From The edge of the St. Joseph River,Michigan:

Driving along one morning with the 4 year old twins belonging to Jack Jr & Cindy in the back seat. Stephen and Joshua are two unique guys, alike but different, both very intelligent. Sherry and I were talking not knowing they were paying attention.  I commented on something and from the back seat one of them said, “Grandpa, in my opinion, they should fix that!”  I cannot  remember what I said. But I turned a little and asked, “In your opinion?”

“Yes grandpa, everyone has an opinion!” 

Every member of our family has heard that story. Today that still reverberates in my head. This morning, I thought about that AGAIN.

I look at the world around me, and that fact becomes clear to me. YES I HAVE OPINIONS, but how do they effect the world? NOT ONE STINKING BIT!  It may affect my personal life; may even affect my family a little, but over all in the scope of things Mr. Putin will remain in charge of Russia.  China and other countries will still supply you and I with much of our daily requirements.

My opinions go against much of the world’s ideas today. MY OPINION: we have two men running for the office of President in this Great Country; IMO both are too old to handle the requirements of that office, ***BUT my opinion will NOT change that.



My opinion of cats has always been dismissive. BUT, but I have fell in like with feral cats. LOL  For some reason I have learned they can, and do, forage or beg for themselves in my absence.  And upon my return are just as accepting or ignoring as always.

Cars? All my early life I thought GM was the best there was, because of my Dad. That opinion changed over the years. I have had excellent cars, Rambler, Plymouth, Ford, Chevy, VW, Metro and Honda.

One of our Metros, loved these little things.

I have strong opinions in many areas, and it is hard to understand why some have opinions opposite of mine; because of course I think I am right, just as you do, or you and I would change.

BUT FOR TODAY, as I think, the only ones my opinions actually effect, is ME!  They may bother others, but probably will not change them, NOR WILL IT CHANGE THE WORLD I LIVE IN. Today I see how small I am in the perspective of the world. Not even as big as a grain of sand.

Later today and for sure by tomorrow, I will forget THAT and think my opinion matters to Mr. Putin or the governor of Alaska.  LOL  Smile, we are all important to someone despite our OPINIONS.  The Lord even smiles methinks, when he views MY opinions.

 

Nite Shipslog

PS:  OPINION: Banana Pudding is delicious; Butter Pecan is the BEST ice cream.

In my opinion this entry is too long, but I ain’t going back and cutting as I usually do. ;-)

***I believe an 80 year old can manage a small business, where his decisions effect him & his family, but not this great country!

6 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I too have opinions. Plenty of them. If people don't agree with my opinions I have other opinions they can choose from.

My opinions change with every person I meet. It's like having an umbrella for when it rains and when it's sunny and hot.

In my opinion: God loves you, Jack.

God bless.

salemslot9 said...

I❤️friendly feral kitties!
(Posh & her daughter Whiteface)

Susie said...

Jack, Your opinion , as mine , may not count much....but boy, I totally about the the two old guys running their mouths, er I mean running for office. LOL I have lots of feral cats around here, cause my neighbor puts food out for her cats. The feral cats have been "fixed" and returned to this area. IMO, I wish cats like rabbits for lunch...cause we have lots of rabbits in town now. Blessings to you and your sweet Sherry, xoxo, Susie

Lisa said...

If you think about it. Everything someone says is only an opinion. I can say it’s raining outside but that is just my opinion. Someone else may think it’s just sprinkling.

Just my opinion
Lisa

Mevely317 said...

Great post! (And I'm giggling out-loud at the twin's remark!)

Your remarks are spot-on, as usual. So many of my opinions stemmed from what I heard from my parents -- all the way from what laundry detergent to politics. Unfortunately, with the latter I'm too hard-headed to compromise (lol). Like either one is going to lose sleep over it. One of my son's favorite sayings, "Embrace the chaos."

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I like the way you think. Our opinions really don't make any difference in the great scheme of things, but still it's important that we have them. I learned a long time ago that no one wanted to hear my opinion, but it didn't stop me from voicing them. I can't seem to keep them to myself. I love your story of the little guy letting you know his opinion. How cute! Hope you are enjoying your trip!