Friday, May 3, 2024

You HAVE WAITED, REMEMBER?

 Pic of the day:

 

Needs its teeth worked on.....

                        BUT at times there can be too much help

For today From Buchanan, MI:

I made this repair appointment weeks ago and we have been waiting.  Now, as I type it is 2 full days before Monday morning.  From where we are it is about an hour or so down to the repair shop in Elkhart.

My military training always kicks in when I am supposed to be someplace at a certain time. I leave early enough to give me time for traffic, or me, taking a wrong road.

It is not always bad when I make a wrong turn, I try to learn from my errors.  LOL

When I am buying, or dealing with a business I do not know, I usually check the customer comments and try to read an independent spot.  Normally many customers that takes time to comment are usually upset.  So I take that into consideration. But in this case, I read only praising reviews.

So imagine, during working hours, when I first see this place, there is one car in the whole lot and it belongs to the manager.  NO RVS. Nothing in the working bays!  NO work being done.  Yep. I was (maybe am) Leary. I have driven over 700 miles, hundreds of dollars for gas and drive up to an empty lot and no work being done. I say this from experience, most RV repair places have a line waiting for work to be done.

The manager explains, he has only two part time repairmen, they are retired HWH ‘experts!’  They come in to work on scheduled jobs. He doesn’t expect us to be in the shop more than part of a day.

I have thought on this for a day now, and methinks this MIGHT be a great business.  As a rule, he takes on mostly scheduled jobs. He does not meet a payroll EXCEPT part time and only WHEN there is work which pays the workers. And part time does not mean they are not good at what they do. I am retired and could still build or assist professionally a full-time contractor.

But as my daddy was prone to say ‘the ‘proof is in the pudding, not the cooks word!’  So come Monday we should KNOW! Here again, the word WAIT!   But we will !!!!!

Nite Shipslog

PS:  

Thank you all for being here…  Smile life is better (on the road)….

4 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I agree, waiting is the worst bit, isn't it? Praying all will be well for you.

Lord give me patience; and hurry up about it.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope you soon get those repairs done, It would be a shame not to after traveling all that way and no, gas is not cheap for sure. Glad you made it there safely and hope your wait is not too long! Have a happy May the 4th!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh gosh - that is scary - but trust!

Mevely317 said...

My goodness, I'd be on pins and needles!
Ya, the older I get the more I'm concerned about being somewhere on time. This morning, for instance, we (thought) we'd left for a wedding in plenty of time ... then got behind a trail of slow-moving cars. Came screeching in with 5 minutes to spare only to learn, "Oh, they've postponed for an hour."

I'm going to think only the BEST for y'all on Monday.