Thursday, April 20, 2023

Checking in

 Things are going ok; not topping trees but keeping busy. We Enjoy reading blogs but just feel sorta 'unnecessary!'  One of my mama's made up feelings. LOL

The bright spots in our lives are still thankful grand daughter Sherece is recuperating well.  And then  Grandson Ben got a job within 4-5 days after his arrival from Utah to here in NC.  He seems to be happy about the move but misses his daughter something terrible. 


 I understand that, considering all the separations  from my family in my military career.  There was going to be a separation anyway, the mother and his daughter are moving to Louisiana in the next month or so.  This will be closer to his daughter and he plans to fly her out for prolonged visits.

All that will work out.

We do have a couple major problems hanging like a cloud, thank God they are health related.  At his age that is something to be thankful for.

WE are thankful for life and all the good things in our lives.

BUT HE will assist.

Thanks for listening, we  will head back to Florida some Sunday.  I hope to start some recovery.  LOL

I know we all have problems, life does that....

Nite Shipslog

8 comments:

Woody said...

Good Post with some good news !!! My major news is I fell 3 weeks ago, been mostly in bed, up now using a cane or walker. I have good times and rough times. Being rural I had to wait till May to see Orthopedic Surgeon ! All things in happen God's Time ! Keeping you in our Prayers ! Love from the North, Gary an Anna Mae

Mevely317 said...

Good to see you, Jack, and learn both Sherece and Ben's good news!

I'm HOPING there's a 'not' missing from your Paragraph #5 (before "health-related.") All the same, y'all are still in our thoughts and our prayers. Like another blogger writes, "Keep looking for the joys -- some days may be harder to find, but they're out there."

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's always good news when your loved ones are doing better, but I'm sorry that there are health problems for you. Hope you are soon better. Prayers and love from Ohio.

Anonymous said...

Hello and good tidings from Chobee! Just so happy to hear all the good news and see pics of the kiddos~ you Darnell's have a lotta stuff going on ...go with the flow...Bro Jack! D0 let my big Sistah, Sherry know that all y'all Darnell's have to come to Okeechobee and hang out this summer.. Ask, Sherry, she'll know.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for you all.

God bless.

Victor S E Moubarak http://timeforreflections.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

JACK! NEVER FEEL UNNECESSARY! I love reading your blog. I think when the internet acts up for example: When you have to comment Annom, It can put a damper on the fun.
I think you and Sherry need to get out there and do some more traveling. You are only as old as you make yourself.
Keep writing, keep doing what you do and pull yourself out of the funk.

Love from NC
Lisa

yaya said...

Hello Jack and Sherry! I enjoy hearing about all your activities because you keep me hopeful for good times no matter our age! I'm glad your family is recouping well and doing well. Enjoy the trip to Florida and keep us posted..you are not unnecessary! Hugs and prayers for your family!

Susan Kane said...

You both have adventurous spirits! It is always good to see your name. Enjoy Florida!