Saturday, April 15, 2023

Some things are just GOOD!

 Animals and cars:

 


For today:

I wanted to let those who asked and prayed, know some results about some of the things I have written about lately. I am still not ‘whole’ myself BUT our granddaughter Sherece came thru her surgery and is doing well. The Doctor said, it was a huge mass, but she got it all and everything looks great now. Niece Vickie with the same operation did well.  Nephew Steve got his hip replacement, and is fairing well.

And then Benjamin Aaron made the trip from Utah safely. He is settled in his new place here and already has a job.

The family is pitching in to get son Mark’s house here in NC shipshape after it being rented by the same folks for over 20 years. It is terrible to say, but it looks like they forgot to clean it for those years. ;-(.

His son Matthew is moving into it once it is ready.

A day after Sherece’s surgery, Sherry fixed her ‘famous’ Chicken ala King for Sherece and we delivered it. Many of the family were there to cheer her on. It was a special reunion for Sherece and Ben. They were CLOSE friends AS WELL AS cousins, when they were kids.

I am trying to stay busy. I have laid a few concrete blocks for Mark. We have one rental left. I replaced the gas burner and pilot system on the water heater and retracked a garage door there.  The furnace had quit and I have no idea how, but I fixed that by what I call, ‘Easter egging’. (I guess it is the right time of the year for that) ;-O


(I am trying)

I am trying to retrain my brain to accept the number 84. Dementia does run in my family.  I am the oldest a person has lived in my family. Sister Shirl and mother’s minds left them in their 70s and they passed before they were 80 methinks. So I am now holding the best batting record.

      ;-)

Nite Shipslog

PS:

10 comments:

NanaDiana said...

It sounds like you have been a busy boy, Jack. I think that is good for us-to stay busy. Dementia is a scary, scary thing, isn't it? My mother had dementia and passed when she was 2 years younger than I am now. It is weird to think we have outlived our folks' ages.

That is too bad that the people that rented the house all those years didn't keep it clean and nice. Some people just don't take care of stuff if they don't own it...and some that do own things don't take care of them either.

I hope you and Sherry have a blessed Sunday and upcoming week. Hugs- Diana

Unknown said...

I am so happy to hear your granddaughter's surgery was a success and she is doing well. That is wonderful news. Sorry about those renters neglecting Mark's house for 20 years. That's just terrible. Some people just don't care. Just because you are going to be 84 doesn't mean Dementia is inevitable. Not everyone gets it. One thing you do have in your favor is that more women than men get Dementia. So if you haven't gotten it by now, you probably aren't going to.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So glad you and your family are doing so well. You are do great for someone you age. Not many can do what you do and do it well. I'd say you have nothing to worry about. You are blessed with such a wonderful family. Enjoy!

Mevely317 said...

What blessings to have Sherece, Vickie and Steve on the mend! Glad Ben is nearby (for good?) and getting settled. I think Dementia is something we all think about; me, everytime I call something by another name. Hey, if you run out of projects, Tom's got a list!

yaya said...

I'm glad all your family is healing and doing well. You amaze me with all you do. My Mom used to say to never stop moving as you age and you are a good example of that! Don't worry about the dementia since you seem to be doing just fine. Just enjoy each day! We're having a new cement sidewalk put in and I sure could use an expert like you! I think the guy we hired will do a good job..fingers crossed!

Lisa said...

This all good new! Glad everyone is heading in a well direction.

Always praying in NC
Lisa

Susan Kane said...

You have had some busy times with family and loved ones. Rentals and repairs are awful. We owned and managed apartments for too many years. Some people live like pigs.

I have had some tests to see if my brain is heading down the dementia/Alzheimer's road. Will meet with neurologist next Tuesday.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I am so praising God that things are going well for you and yours health-wise and in other ways. Will continue to pray for you all. Trust in God always my dear friends.

God bless always.

Woody said...

Hi, Hope things are going OK ! Keeping you and your Family in our Prayers ! Miss seeing those posts!

Glenda said...

Umm...so happy to know you're okay! LOVE AND MISS Y'ALL!!!