Friday, April 14, 2023

I’m Smarter?

 

Animals and cars:

Yep, across the USA we have Elephants and Donkeys in cars.

 

For today:

I am at the age where many people start showing signs of dementia.  I am doing that myself. I forget incidents, things, and plans.  Of course nearly everyone explains that away as ‘normal’ saying ‘we all forget and misplace things. I actually KNOW THAT, but at times I ‘feel’ the difference, NO, of course I cannot explain it.

I will say this, there was a time in my life I was much smarter than world leaders, presidents, congressmen and big business folks.

“HE should have done this or that,” I would say.  or

“What a stupid decision he made, an idiot would have known better.”

I can remember somethings. I LEARNED that my decisions seldom went past, me or my family. Where someone high profile makes decisions every day that effect/affect millions, even world safety, war and peace.

I do remember that I had differences with most of our countries leaders. NONE matched my ideas and thoughts exactly. For that matter, do you know anyone that thinks exactly as you do?  Probably not.

With our sons here in the house with us for a couple weeks the TV has been on 24/7 (nearly). I catch things (a few) on there that ‘curl my toes’, editorials that question many major decision.  It seems to me the facts are hearsay, BENT understanding and partial truths.

That is said with this caveat, “It is impossible for me to ‘hear and understand’ most speakers on TV because they seem to see who can say the most words in a minute. I get the idea of ‘brain-washing!’ Anyone listening to the same people 24 hours a day will bend their mindset and they will not think for themselves.”

I love this country and believe it is the best in the world, with all its warts and imperfections. HOWEVER I dread the upcoming 4th year voting season.  WE HAVE BECOME MEAN to each other. Families have disowned members who do not see politics as “They Should!”

I remember a time that family and friends could vote totally opposite and still fellowship and enjoy each other.





I remember the Valdese church dad pastored. They were divided about 50/50 Dems/GOP. They actually sat on different sides of the church and wore ‘Ike’ and ‘Stevenson’  buttons. They all argued, talked and had fun. I never heard a hard word, people were accepted it seemed, realizing “we all have an opinion, but it is OURS.”

If you live in this country we should all pull together, we are all different, but we are USA Citizens. Every country needs unity to continue to exist.

YES THAT IS MY OPINION. I will say this, I did not vote for President Biden, but he is MY PRESIDENT. I even agree with some of his ideas.  I pray that the decisions he makes will be best for OUR country.

 Nite Shipslog

PS: Note: My dad always said a minister should not show their politics, pastors should shepherd all the sheep.

ps2: I hope to be back in the groove soon..... 

6 comments:

Susan Kane said...

Hey, Jack!! Good to see your name! You said exactly what I think. I am worried/scared of 2024.
Also I hear the concerns about forgetting, ect. I am experiencing that, adding falling to the list. With migraines, this has many directions this all can go.
We visited a church where one group was huddled in one corner, and the group in the other corner. When we walked in, one lady scurried to see who had invited me. That seemed very important. The atmosphere was acidic. We left.
I remember "I like Ike"! History shows the mettle of the man!

salemslot9 said...

I didn’t vote for him either.

Woody said...

Glad to see your Post and comments ! I enjoyed reading them ! You will be "Shipshape Soon" and "Squared Away" to your old self !!!!
LAying Low as I damaged my Hip an Leg ! Sending down Christian Love and Prayers from the North ! Gary and Anna Mae !

Mevely317 said...

If it was up to Tom, the Newsmax channel might be on 24/7. I agree with everything they say, but it becomes tiring after a while. Hopefully, things will turn around in 2024.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I agree, we need unity. We are all Americans and should be proud of that. Someone once said, If we don't stand together, we'll all fall together. We should stand together as Americans so we don't fall. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's why we have the vote. The important thing is to vote so your opinion can be heard.

NanaDiana said...

I haven't been on much with blogging but am happy to see a post from you. Our family is split on decisions but I agree. No matter who is elected we need to honor that decision and try to be good Americans. We have a country like no other and we should cherish that. God bless you and Sherry. I hope you feel better soon. Big Hugs- Diana