In 1954 dd moved us to Belmont, NC. I met a sweet pretty girl named Margaret. Margaret had a great brother **Harold ( Called Woodsy on the School ball team.). He went on to be a pro baseball player. They lived on the Climax Mill Village. Thru those two I came in contact with most of the kids around my age group. One of the guys was called Newt. He was unique and had a great DRY humor. Many of those folks have passed away.
I am not much on FaceBook but I went there today and read this:
10 FUN FACTS:
I had to laugh at the #1 because my mama thought I could. I remember many times she said, "Jackie, look behind your ears, that is dirt!"
WE see Newt once a week at church when we are in Belmont. He sits on the front row, For some reason the preacher always sees over Newt's head, and hits me every Sunday. I might just move up front with Newt!
Not as hot here in Florida today. One day it was actually cool, overcast and a little drizzle.
Nite Shipslog
PS: **Harold met and married a sweet girl in Michigan. He quit pro ball. He told me once, "Baseball is not good for a married life. Most of your year is away from home in one hotel room after another.


7 comments:
LOL at 10 fun facts. Of course I had to try breathing through my nose with my tongue out!!
Great list. Thank you Jack; keep smiling.
God bless.
I also tried breathing through my nose with my tongue out, Funny the power of suggestion, You had a lot of great friends and lots of good memories. Those just keep them closer to us in our hearts!
I could breathe out my nose with my tongue out - I did try it.
That was fun!! :).
LOL--I bet if you move closer to the preacher in the front row his line of vision will still land on you. Kinda like All-seeing/All-knowing. -you know-like the Wizard of OZ. Glad you still have connections with old friends. We have lost so many old friends it is sad.
Love the 'instruction sheet'. lol. Love to you and Sherry- Diana
These are great! Not embarrassed to admit I tried #3. Aw, it feels good to laugh.
Post a Comment