Friday, August 7, 2026

Monday is the day.


Now playing at Sight and Sound, we think!


for today

 Monday is coming up.  I now have my super special eye drops I picked up today, they somehow prevent radiation from effecting my eyes..... Being deaf hurts, but to think of something effecting my sight really makes me think.

I am checking on reservations for our trip to Pennsylvania.  Sherry checked what is going on at 'Sight and Sound' near Lancaster.  They are doing 'Joshua'  I hope we can arrange that between my appointments and Sherry's.  

She is still fighting blood pressure problems with many ups!  Now when I got lost on our last trip to the hospital we had to walk a lot and I did not know we were about ruining her knee, and she did not complain.  I blame myself because it was my fault that we got lost.

AS of now the knee is easing off.  I am doing my best to keep her off her feet to let that knee heal.

A trip would be good just now.  She would have to stay off her feet and relax in her recliner on our way north.

I would like to thank MA for the SS information.  That verifies what a good friend of mine at church told me.  She too gets her deceased hubby's Social Security since his death.   So that easies one thing on my mind.

I can say one thing positive, I did get that crazy zero turn mower fixed.  And I come up with a good meal today. Sherry is easy to please, but said this was the best meal in months.

Son Mark brought in 2 chicken 1/4s. I cleaned the bones and saved the meat.  I boiled carrots in sweet syrup, honey and brown sugar for about 14 minutes. then let it set. I made some potato pieces in lots of butter (after boiling them for 10 minutes.). I drained the carrots and dumped them with the chicken into the home fries. I steamed them all while I prepared a  loaf of bread saved from our last trip to a steak house.

I hear  her  on the phone now, bragging on that meal.  LOL

Nite Shipslog

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Okay so your procedure is Monday. I want you to know that I am praying for you and Sherry!!!!!!!!!! God bless you both.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for you and Sherry. Take care and God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Praying for you on Monday! Hope soon you'll be doing your trip north. Sounds like a delicious dinner, and Sherry is one lucky gal to have someone cook for her!

michb said...

Every blessing and prayer to you both , i have followed you for years .love michelle .

HappyK said...

I too will be praying for you both too. :)

Mevely317 said...

Your meal -- the carrots in particular -- sound delicious! Praying for you both (PLUS your doctor) for Monday's procedure.

Susan Kane said...

I will be praying for you both. Have a safe trip. You must be handy in the kitchen.