Sunday, September 11, 2011

It has become known simply as 9/11

One of the worst attacks on America in our history happened on that day.

tragedy-9-11-twin-tower

The September 11 attacks (called September 11, September 11th or 9/11) were a series of four coordinated suicide attacks against targets in New York City and the Washington, D.C. area on September 11, 2001. On that morning, 19 terrorists from the Islamist militant group al-Qaeda hijacked four passenger jets. The hijackers intentionally crashed two planes into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York City; both towers collapsed within two hours. Hijackers crashed a third plane into the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia. When passengers attempted to take control of the fourth plane, United Airlines Flight 93, it crashed into a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, preventing it from reaching its intended target in Washington, D.C. Nearly 3,000 died in the attacks. (Wikipedia)

Flight93CraterReuters

All this was terrible, looking at of all the incidents, the plane crash in PA is very notable, because the passengers actually saved many more lives by giving theirs to stop the attack on the White House. 

We all have our memories, mine is the disbelief that the towers collapsed.  but they did! When explained by an engineer, I understood.

The most sickening thing I remember was the Bin Laden video where he smiles and says, “Yes, the towers  falling was much more than we could have dreamed of, Allah be praised.”  Or something to that affect.

pentagon

I always wondered why it took so long to find him, but it did. I will not buy into any of the conspiracy theories. Plain and simple, the intel community  did their jobs and then the SEALS accomplished the mission. And YES, Obama did take a chance, he could have ended up like Carter, with a failed military mission.

I pray that no more attacks will be successful. We will always remember 9/11.  That day we were glued to the TV sets. The next day I think Every store was sold out of American Flags.

Thanks for coming by the log.

Nite Shipslog

 

PS:

I Remember Pearl Harbor.

I Remember 9/11

Some days my thinking gets confused I feel I should offer

red%20rose%201

But I feel more like this:

aw-jp

Many folk say ‘Pray for Peace’, I should too!

10 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I will Remember...our department was watching the first tower burn ....on a 6" TV....while a coworker was talking to her son...who work in the second tower....asking him what was happening....when the second plane hit two floors below him...i still remember her scream....i still cry....

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Praying for peace here today and always. I will never forget...

Anonymous said...

That day will never be forgotten ~ I think each and everyone of us can remember exactly what we were doing on that dreadful day ~ such a terrible waste of innocent lives ~ Ally
Ally Lifewithally X

betty said...

I think in praying for peace, we need to make sure we also pray that people will come to know Jesus because without him, we know there is no peace......

These days of such senseless evil will always be seared in our hearts I believe

betty

Cher' Shots said...

Such a horrid memory to be etched in our minds. We need to beware of the enemies within as well as the enemies abroad.
'love & hugs from afar'

Paula said...

That Corgi said it so well and I say amen.

shirl72 said...

The enemy is around us and we need to be aware.
They want to destroy our freedom. It is the most wonderful Country to live in and I am thankful it is my Country. I love the song
America , My Country tis of thee Sweet Land of Liberty, Of thee I sing.......Let Freedom Ring.
America the Beautiful.

Shirl

Anonymous said...

My respect.

TARYTERRE said...

We will never forget this horrible attack on our soil. I hope and pray that nothing like this ever happens again. United we stand.

Dar said...

God Bless America
Again
And Again
And Again
BlessYourHearts