Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Davy Crockett, Doris Morton, Jack Jr

Our church senior group has a lady named Doris who handles the entertainment for seniors. Once she asked me to help her in a skit and of course I said yes I had no idea I was going to be a pregnant man haha not until the night of the skit. I took a lot of friendly ribbing about that later was it a boy or girl? LOL

 Just a little while later she asked my son Jack Jr to write a  song to be used during a roast for our pastor Danny Peterson. Since I am a little under the weather haha and since Jack Jr left his song on my computer I think I can transfer it to this cell phone. He wrote the song to be sung to the tune of Davy Crockett The ballad. Everyone enjoyed it. This is the ballad I hope.

Chorus:

Danny, Pastor Danny the man who the Lord brought here

 

Born on a mountain top in old NC

Greatest state in the land of the free

Even as a child, yes, everyone could see

That he’d be a preacher when he was only three

Chorus

He always took the straight and narrow path

Never let the sun go down on his wrath

Even when his son corrected his math

He just ran some water and soaked in a bath

Chorus

You’ve never known a more giving man

Gives of his time every chance that he can

Visit you when you’re sick and lend you a hand

Help you whoop the devil with a frying pan

Chorus

If you want to know the gospel way

Just ask him and this is what he’ll say

Trust in the Lord and follow Him each day

And if you don’t, there will be hell to pay

Chorus

That will be in red because at the time my black ink cartridge  was dead.


Now to my condition haha I did visit a chiropractor and he did his magic and I can nearly walk again but not quite good. The pain was really bad it's amazing how a little back pain can knock you to the floor. I think I can sympathize with anyone now who has back pain.

 Night ships log

7 comments:

betty said...

Great lyrics by Jack Jr! Glad to hear you are doing a bit better Jack! Just follow what the chiropractor says as far as activities, etc.

betty

Mevely317 said...

I love JJ's song! And in fact, I was singing along a little earlier.
Glad to know you're feeling some pain relief. Continued prayers, my friend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I am praying for you right now, Jack. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery. Take care my friend.

God bless you, Sherry, and the family.

Dar said...

Back pain sure gets miserable. I'm glad the doc was able to give you some relief.....ice is my best friend. I also loved JJ's song...a great tribute.
Have a painless day. I haven't watched the weather yet but it's already hot up north so I can just imagine what you have. Stay cool, my friends.
loven'hugs from up north where it's annual check-up day for me and the big guy is checking the garden, pulling huge onions and digging spuds

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That song is amazing. Your son did a good job. What a nice tribute.Sorry you are still in pain. It's going to take some time for it to heal again. Be careful and rest a lot. Our backs are very tricky things.

yaya said...

Too bad you don't live here. My Jack could fix you up in no time! Just take it easy and slowly your back will come back. The song was so clever. I'm sure everyone will enjoy it especially the Pastor! It's not every day you get a song all about yourself! Have a healing weekend! Much love from Ohio!

Lisa said...

Cute lyrics. Jack did good.
I am glad to hear your back is a bit better.

from the sand
Lisa