Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Grapes, I'll make wine next year! LOL

 Memorable Automobiles from The Past:

 1952 Buick Lesabre



For today:

The few grapes we have are ‘sorta purple and very small. They are about half the size of what I had hoped.  I wonder if it is because it is the first grapes EVER on this vine?

They are very sweet, making me sure they have reached their maturity. Three bunches this year, NEXT YEAR WINE!  lol

 Our tomatoes have done fair, but they develop bad spots very soon, several times before they are pulled.  I WONDER if it is something in the soil or if I watered them too much.

 Every time I have something that I try to grow and it doesn’t turn out well I think of mama’s statement when I would tell her, “Mama I just can’t grow anything.”

He answer was, “Son you love them to death!”

I am sure that is possible. TOO much this or that hoping I am doing the best for the plants. LOL


These grapes are about 1/2" in diameter, real small.

Anyway our wild muscadines are doing well and at least we had two or three bunches of grapes.

Shipslog

9 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Jack I think it is very hard to grow grapes!!!!!!!!!!! You do better than me!

betty said...

Those grapes do look delicious!! Glad you got a bit of a harvest to enjoy them :)

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Congratulations. I wish I could get our vine to produce grapes. It's been years now with just leaves and no grapes. Perhaps it's our weather over here; or the grapes are spiteful and won't grow for me. We do better with apples, pears and cherries though.

God bless, Jack and Sherry.

Lisa said...

I was at mom and dads house this past weekend and they too have a lot of grapes ripening. They have Muscadines. I’m taking a bucket over there soon a pick some. Blog post on it soon.

Heading to work
Lisa

Glenda said...

Those grapes look lovely, we never grew grapes in MO. Over near Rocheport where my sister lives, right on the MO river is a winery that makes wonderful wine. They have a bistro, with wine tastings, of course.
BTW, that car is a beauty, interesting headlights!!!
Hugs from Chobee, Glenda

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

They look wonderful to me ! I do hope you get enough to make wine. Wouldn't the be nice to have in the winter. With a little love it's amazing what grows.

Mevely317 said...

WOW ... that car's so cool!

Unlike our neighbor who brings us cheery tomatoes (from his make-shift greenhouse), Tom and I've never attempted to grow edibles. Seems we only succeed in kudzu.

My bloggy friend Jon (Lone Wolf Concerto) has taken to making his own wine using stock from the local Wal-Mart.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for your comment on my Blog, Jack. I am glad you liked the audio, "This Man". Here is the script in case you need it:

https://timeforreflections.blogspot.com/2018/03/this-man.html

God bless.

Dar said...

Wow the Lasabre is very streamlined for the 50's. If only the cars were so beautiful these days. What a gem! As for your grapes, I think they're pretty nice sized for first year growth, and you got 3 bunches. Pretty good, Jack~
Mel makes her own wines...everything from grape to different berries and cherries. They're pretty good !
loven'hugs from up north where my aches are well deserved today, as we picked mushrooms in our woods, a couple buckets of Oysters. My they were good with a small steak for our supper. Yum. We also gardened, putting up spinach, peas, green beans and broccoli. We have been enjoying the abundance.