Wednesday, March 20, 2024

BUT you do not understand!

   

 A picture from the Past.


Sherry and Sherece getting ready to make cookies. Sherece is now a working single mom raising her own daughter Stella. Note that news paper on the bar,  (the Gastonia 'Gazette'. It has been years since I read a 'PAPER"

note: Myra tell Tom OH YES I remember the blue dots, COOL!

 For Today:

There are things that as individuals, we can NEVER understand.  Much has to do with everyday life. Probably folks who read this drivel cannot KNOW how it feels to be a multi-millionaire.  Having a butler, grounds tender, chauffeur housekeeper and cook at your beck and call. As I sit here thinking, I am not sure I would want that life, but also I will NEVER KNOW unless I win a billion-dollar lottery. LOL.

I will preface the next statement saying we see many today that we will not know they are wealthy; most of those who EARNED their money still drive their own cars.  I knew a multi-millionaire in 1953 who drove a 1937 model car.

Counter that statement about we, the ones ‘not of class wealth,’ to that of the VERY Wealthy; ones from family wealth. They can NEVER know or understand what it is like to pay rent.  They cannot know what it is like to NOT have the money to get your car repaired.  It is impossible for them to know how a mother feels who must sacrifice to feed her kids.

Fact is as hard as we try, unless we experience something we cannot understand or know. i.e. the Grand Canyon was never on my list of things to see, because in my mind  It was just a big ditch, a hole in the ground! BUT THEN we visited, and I was in AWE, wow did my knowledge change!!

Right now two readers of the Shipslog, MA and SUSIE come to mind, MA lost her husband when he was 50, Susie lost Ted just before he was 70.  I stole this from a blog a long time ago, written by Susie (Shejunks):

“Yesterday would have been his 70th birthday. I miss this beautiful man. His kind heart, wonderful soul. His passing changed my life forever.”

Then lately MA said ‘I still miss my sweetheart.’ AND Susie said, “I still miss my Teddy every day.”

I am feeling a little out-there today, I KNOW how it feels to lose family, but I do not know how it feels to lose a PART OF ME.  WE can sympathize, but Sherry and I KNOW that one day one of us will sadly KNOW……

 I do not  want it to be me….


I said all that to TRY & point out, that a wealthy leader or politician can never truly understand the middle and lower classes (terms used to separate us minors).  Unless they have at one time struggled week after week or lived from paycheck to paycheck.  I wish they could, but they cannot..

 


NiteShipslog

PS: Again ‘Thanks’ to you all for stopping by the Shipslog.. Honestly,  Imma try to do better!  Love to you all especially 'YOU' when you read this.

6 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We can never know how someone else feels (or lives) until we have experienced that situation ourselves. The thing is, no matter who we are, rich or poor, young or old, or whatever other classification we care to distinguish, we all have some difficulties and pains in life which we experience personally. We may be able to hide it, with humour perhaps, but everyone has his own cross to bear. With Christ's help, the weight of that cross is lighter.

God bless.

Chatty Crone said...

Sherece was a beautiful young lady!
You know I am not sure if I told you - my parents were divorce - my mom lived here - my dad CA. They died within 10 minutes of each other - 2000 miles a part - the same day. Neither one was related to the other. So it can happen - but usually it doesn't. I would like to go first because I think Rick can deal better than I could, but only God knows. We just keep on loving...

Mevely317 said...

Great point! Especially the Grand Canyon. I remember my then-10 y/o granddaughter said the same thing -- she expected they were just going to see a big hole in the ground.

I don't always remember to do so --but instead of telling someone, "I understand", I say, "I don't understand, but I care."

Glenda Hulbert said...

@Chatty Crone, sending sympathy for the loss of both parents, so sad for your pain. I do so enjoy your comments on this blog. We all have our individual histories and time heals all wounds. God bless you, Love Glenda

Glenda Hulbert said...

Jack and Sherry, my heart will always love you two wonderful people. Love, hugs and kisses from Okeechobee my dear friends. Glenda

Susie said...

Jack, You got it right...everyday I miss my sweet man. I tell others to hold tight to their mates. Never be afraid to tell people you love them. My family is the hugging kind, we will say I love you after talking on the phone. Some times I feel I have lived many lives. You know the kid one, the young adult, the young married and it seemed for many years , the struggling to make ends meet. I had a couple of quirky jobs in my life and the one I retired from, which afforded a good living for my girls and I. Once my grandson , who is now a father, asked me if I was rich. I then asked him," what do you think rich means?" He said at that age of 7yrs,"lots of money." I told him you can be rich in many different ways. Then I told him he was rich with lots of friends and family who loved him. He may not have really understood then but I know that boy does now. :):) Money is good to have but my gosh love is so much better. Blessings, xoxo, Susie